Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 VW Jetta GLI with a broken door cylinder. Manual locking of the Driver side door does not work. The door lock cylinder is a one piece unit. Is the junk yard the only avenue available?

· Registered
1 Posts
We bought a 2001 Jetta for our daughter. I did not talk to the previous owner. Her boyfriend at the time found the car and we bought it from him. It came with no key fob. The key that we have turned the ignition and opens a lock on the door. We are still trying to gain access to the trunk without having to crawl through the back seat. The latch on the driver's door for the trunk release does not work. Now we are having issues with the door as you described above. I suspect there may have been a second key for the trunk and glove compartment that we never received. When my husband replaced the locking mechanism for the driver's door it activated the security system which we never dealt with before and wants to lock the car up all the time. He put the old one back in but we're still in the same situation where I cannot lock or unlock the car using the key in the driver's door. So the car has to be left unlocked. We're trying to solve this problem on our own because we didn't pay a lot of money for the car and it runs really good.
I saw that you did not receive an answer to your question on this blog but I was wondering if you were able to resolve it anywhere else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts