Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about doing a modification on my front door panels. Have you ever saw the tweaters in the front of an mk4 golf. they have that tweeter were the mirror attaches to the door on the inside. Has anyone ever tried to use them on a jetta mk3? and any opinion of anyone who thinks it would be a cool mod would be greatly appreciated. Btw love this site! so informative and thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
But your car already has tweeters... in the dash, those are tweets and the mid range woofers are in the door.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I figured that. But the more speaker you have the less hard you have to run your system creating less wear and tear and more spectrum of sound. Im really into having the nicest system around. So has anyone done this?

·
Registered
59 Posts
joshga -

I haven't done the mod you're talking about, but if you're trying to have less wear and tear on your system you should probably upgrade your existing system and add some good amps. I've had systems in all of my cars and never had wear and tear issues when starting with good equipment. You can add a ton of crappy speakers and you still won't end up with the sound you are looking for. Good crossovers will help you get when you want to go as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts