Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2003 Jetta GLI w/ a 2.8L VR6. I noticed that all the interior lights seem to flicker and sometimes cutout for a half a second. Any ideas why? I'm wondering if its the dimmer switch or a solenoid somewhere. I have not dug into the problem yet, i kind of want to get an idea on where to start. Also sometimes the reading lights for the back seat wont come on. If i play with the main switch for the front lights, sometimes the back ones will come on. I'm thinking these issues are all coming from one main problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
having the same issue with my 2001 gls ... have you had your battery or alternator checked? bad ground? I i still have to have my car looked at or some one arround here scan my car with their VAGCOM

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had time to work on it but thanks for the advice. I'll let you know what i find, i may end up having a dealership run a diagnostic and find the problem if the price isnt to insane.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have been having similar issues with my '98. but now nothing on my dash except my radio will work. the only time i have wipers, heat, etc is when my dimmer switch is turned on, and my high beams are on.. any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts