Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone converted their VW with an electronic injection pump, over to an older, manual pump?

I was looking at my 2002 today and was puzzled by the fact that there is only one injector that has a wire going to it. What's the deal with that?

But will an older, manual pump bolt onto a 2002 Golf without a lot of hassles? And what about the injectors?

I am convinced that's the way to get good mileage out of it and it will eliminate all the electronic garbage.

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
you then have a wiring problem, there should be wires going to each injector, they all have plugs for them correct?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car has ONE injector with a wire going to it. The others do not and there isn't any other wire on the injectors.

And the car runs great and gets right at 40 mpg.

I have been told here that this is a manual injection pump so why should the injectors need any wires going to them? My Dodge truck doesn't!

Send me a photo of your Mk4 with a wire going to every injector........ [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
This is not my car but it's the same motor, here you see all 6 fuel injectors have wires going to them

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
now that I look and see what section this is posted in, and that the motor was never stated it seems to be a TDI, that answers a lot of questions then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts