Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
joshy5388
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Jetta 2.5L, recently tried to take it for a trip to florida and it kept stalling out and restarted on it own on I75. Went to kerry VW in florence KY and they gave me a rental while they looked at the car, they have no idea whats wrong with the car. They cleared the computer, but heres exactly what it was doing.....

At speeds of 50-80 the speedo and tach would die out while i still maintained all power functions (brakes/steering) and when I would pull over to the side the car would restart and flash EPC and check engine for 5 seconds then the lights would go away. After the car did this for 2 hours at random moments totalling 8 occurences the air bag lights came on and then we stopped for service. The dealer watched it stall out while they had it and continue doing the problem. they reset the computer after 76 hours of troubleshooting and could not figure out the issue, they sent us back home in the car and once back into detroit the car stalled one last time on a pot hole and hasnt stalled since.

wondering if anyone knows what is the world is going on with this car, my boyfriend and i both love this car and dont want to have to get rid of it, plus we still owe 14k on the loan, any and all help or advice is greatly appreciated

thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like electrical gremlins to me. I have an 05.5 and our wiring harnesses have seen the glory days sometime during the bush administration. I have had similar problems. Not as bad as what you described but similar. Epc light comes on? Start with emissions sensors. Brittle, cracked, chaffed, worn wire looms contain the wires of similarly distressed wiring.
Other thought would be a blockage of dome sort in intake or exaust path. Get a rosstech cable and you can run basic setting tests and readiness tests you will find answers in the diagnostic data.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts