Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured since i'm layed up at the moment its time to make my new build thread so here we go. I bought this car a little over 2 years ago. Its a 2000 2.0 5speed but I still love it! I got the car at a steal price since I bought it with a blown clutch. It only currently has about 136k miles on it. Not to bad for a 12 year old car.. On we go with the story,

Here it is soon after I bought it. As you see is how I bought

Due to almost $0 in funds it sat like this for a year. After I saved up enough I purchased the new clutch kit. Nothing fancy just OEM pressure plate, TO bearing, and clutch disk. On its way to my moms garage where my buddy and I would do the work

All was going smoothly until we got the trans out. Opened it up to find that I had a nice hole in my bell housing.

So after some more saving I was able to dig up a newer trans. Its out of a golf and the gearing is a little lower then the origanal. It pulls nicely but highway speeds are low. So now I hace a new clutch kit and a newer trans with 80kthe on it. Now came time to pull the rest of the clutch assembly apart. I was in for another surprise. Im assuming the PO rode the clutch pretty hard.. this is what I discovered

That was the last surprise I had with the clutch. Now since the car was sitting I did all new brakes, fluids, and hoses. I also picked up a new timing belt, water pump, tensioner, plugs, wires, intake gasket, and a few other odds and ends. Ok so the car is finally drivable but I had other things like registration and insurance before it would see the road again. Here she is moved under her own power for the first time in over a year.

Now came time for a few mods after getting it legal.
- made a sleeve to cover the old nasty shift boot. I didnt have the console bolted when I took this pic

- BFI stubby antenna
- new grille from an older member from JJ

-OEM headlights that I joey modded

- picked up a nice set of montes for $300 with tires from the tex

- stumbled on some candy canes

- new kenwood head unit.
- euro plate

- FK streetlines

- my most recent mod was the ansa silverline cat back exhaust. Also got a new cat.
- and last but definitely not least my stickers :D whats an mklV without stickers?

And some pics of how she is right now

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Looks a lot better. Need a rear valance now.

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
That's funny coming from you lol

Looks good euro! I remember the days before the beast became the beauty.

Sent from my Phablet AKA Samsung Galaxy Note 4G LTE via the dark side.
Haha I know. Once I get them benjamins rolling in again. Kind of stuck in a rut at the moment.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
So you're keeping him? :)
I believe so. Depends how this week goes, fingers crossed.

P.s. sorry for the threadjack! Any plans for new wheels?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe so. Depends how this week goes, fingers crossed.

P.s. sorry for the threadjack! Any plans for new wheels?

Doesnt bother me lol. Keeps it bumped to the top. I was in the market for wheels but with this broken leg that now requires surgery im just trying to keep my head above water with all the incoming bills.

·
Just chillin
383 Posts
Doesnt bother me lol. Keeps it bumped to the top. I was in the market for wheels but with this broken leg that now requires surgery im just trying to keep my head above water with all the incoming bills.
Good luck with the leg, car is coming along nicely........happen to know where you can get some sexy snowflakes when your all healed up lol

1 - 20 of 196 Posts