Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum and VM, I picked up a 98 Jetta GL 2.0. Should be a great car for my son to learn to drive in. Ok, Here is my issues that I hope you guys can help me with.

Getting Evap code small leak. P0422, Echeck in ohio tested gas cap and passed. Picked up a new charcoal canister and had a heck of a time finding where this is. Passenger side front wheel well I find a large black plastic cover in rear of wheel well, I think this is where it goes but i can not figure out how to remove to get @ Cannister? Am I in correct area? any ideas how to get at this thing? by way this cannister is pretty large.

any advise would be great, other wise going to have to go to dealer for repair and dont really want to part with cash.
thank you
Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am at it again and I am beginning to think that my jetta is missing an evap canister.

I have looked for picture on web but no luck. Shouldnt it be under wheel well, under airfilter casing? This is getting very frustrating, this shouldnt be this difficult. ugh.........................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts