Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an engine light on and had it tested and the code was something for the emissions. The car has been running fine for the whole time. Now Im finding that when I fill up, its hard to start the engine and today I just saw a ECP light and car would barely move. I shut the car off and restarted and it was fine. What the hell is going on, any ideas? Thanks guys for any ideas or advice you might have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like it could be the n80 valve aka "evap purge valve"
I had the same problem on my mk5 jetta gli. You should look into it they're really easy to fix and cheap on Amazon.

I too had issues with the car starting every time I would fill up gas but every other time it started up just fine. This also will throw an error code. Once I replaced the n80 valve the code went away and my car started up just fine after filling up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it could be the n80 valve aka "evap purge valve"
I had the same problem on my mk5 jetta gli. You should look into it they're really easy to fix and cheap on Amazon.

I too had issues with the car starting every time I would fill up gas but every other time it started up just fine. This also will throw an error code. Once I replaced the n80 valve the code went away and my car started up just fine after filling up.
Thanks for responding to my post. What the heck is the N80 valve?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever end up doing it? Just realized I could have sent you a much better video explaining it simpler

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah once you clear it I reckon it won't come back. Sounds like the problem was fixed.
You could just disconnect and reconnect the battery or take it to an auto parts store and have them clear it for free if you're in the states.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah once you clear it I reckon it won't come back. Sounds like the problem was fixed.
You could just disconnect and reconnect the battery or take it to an auto parts store and have them clear it for free if you're in the states.
Well, I cleared the code and thought it was good. It came back on when I drove to work. So now I have to see what else I have to change.

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
It shouldn't matter what type of part it is but it's possible this part was faulty from the factory. Do you have a vacuum gauge you could test vacuum on the side of it that goes to the evap canister/rear of the vehicle? or you could use your finger in a pinch but you may not be able to detect small amounts of vacuum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts