Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car is a 2004 Jetta GLI and has 71k miles.
so i noticed a exhaust leak up in the engine bay today. i think its coming out in between the turbo and the downpipe. i have a k03 turbo and a apr 2.5" Turbo back exhaust. is there a gasket that can be replaced or do these just bolt together with no gasket and i broke a bolt?

drove on it for about 4 hours to get home so i wasnt stranded. chances of me warping something? car also died once at a stop light. i didnt know if that was because the fumes filled the engine bay and got into the intake because of the Swiss cheese mod or cause im F**ked. i have to be at work at 4am tomorrow and dont have a way. is it safe to drive 20 miles one way almost ALL highway or should i call off lol. either way bad day fml.

also any easy way to fix this due to im broke. even if it is temporary until i can do a better fix on it.

·
GLI Newb
4,206 Posts
car is a 2004 Jetta GLI and has 71k miles.
so i noticed a exhaust leak up in the engine bay today. i think its coming out in between the turbo and the downpipe. i have a k03 turbo and a apr 2.5" Turbo back exhaust. is there a gasket that can be replaced or do these just bolt together with no gasket and i broke a bolt?

drove on it for about 4 hours to get home so i wasnt stranded. chances of me warping something? car also died once at a stop light. i didnt know if that was because the fumes filled the engine bay and got into the intake because of the Swiss cheese mod or cause im F**ked. i have to be at work at 4am tomorrow and dont have a way. is it safe to drive 20 miles one way almost ALL highway or should i call off lol. either way bad day fml.

also any easy way to fix this due to im broke. even if it is temporary until i can do a better fix on it.
If the weathers been hot the chances you'll warp something while DDing are slim. Yes there's an exhaust gasket there which probably wasn't replaced when the exhaust was installed. Just replace the gasket and youre good to go.

Sent from my Phablet AKA Samsung Galaxy Note 4G LTE via the dark side.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, I drove my mk4 around with no downpipe at all for a couple weeks cause i was waiting for my apr one to come in. everything seems to runs pretty good to me. just the same problems i had before the downpipe broke in half haha. but you should be fine

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I drove my mk4 around with no downpipe at all for a couple weeks cause i was waiting for my apr one to come in. everything seems to runs pretty good to me. just the same problems i had before the downpipe broke in half haha. but you should be fine
im not a doctor but thats not good haha. but cool thanks. hopefully i dont blow up haha

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i found out its the flex pipe on the downpipe. any easy fix or am i going to have to get a new downpipe?

·
GLI Newb
4,206 Posts
so i found out its the flex pipe on the downpipe. any easy fix or am i going to have to get a new downpipe?
Its Apr right? Contact them about their warranty and see if its still active, if not you can just buy a new flex pipe and have a shop weld it in as long as the down pipe isnt illegal.

Sent from my Phablet AKA Samsung Galaxy Note 4G LTE via the dark side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts