Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car is a 2004 Jetta GLI and has 71k miles.
so i noticed a exhaust leak up in the engine bay today. i think its coming out in between the turbo and the downpipe. i have a k03 turbo and a apr 2.5" Turbo back exhaust. is there a gasket that can be replaced or do these just bolt together with no gasket and i broke a bolt?

drove on it for about 4 hours to get home so i wasnt stranded. chances of me warping something? car also died once at a stop light. i didnt know if that was because the fumes filled the engine bay and got into the intake because of the Swiss cheese mod or cause im F**ked. i have to be at work at 4am tomorrow and dont have a way. is it safe to drive 20 miles one way almost ALL highway or should i call off lol. either way bad day fml.

also any easy way to fix this due to im broke. even if it is temporary until i can do a better fix on it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I drove my mk4 around with no downpipe at all for a couple weeks cause i was waiting for my apr one to come in. everything seems to runs pretty good to me. just the same problems i had before the downpipe broke in half haha. but you should be fine
im not a doctor but thats not good haha. but cool thanks. hopefully i dont blow up haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.