Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2003 Jetta GLI 24V VR6 and I noticed I have an exhaust leak. I put it on the lift and from what I can see it looks like the front exhaust pipe (with catalytic converter) is leaking at the flex pipe. I called the dealer today and they told me because the pipe includes the catalytic converter I was going to have to replace it and pay a pretty hefty price ($1200 w/installation). I can't find the pipe anywhere online and I'm wondering if I should just buy a header and new cat. Any suggestions? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Go to an exhaust shop they can cut out the old flex pipe and weld a new one in for under $100. Ive done this with numerous cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the price is insane haha. I'll call around and see what I can find out. Anyone suggest or know of a header? And is it a bad idea to eliminate the cat?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Yeah the price is insane haha. I'll call around and see what I can find out. Anyone suggest or know of a header? And is it a bad idea to eliminate the cat?
Check ebay for headers they have cheap brands and great brands. Also you will have a check engine in sure if you get rid of the cat. If you do it wait till the day after inspection and emission. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts