1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
735 Posts
I also had the same problem you are having right now. I didnt want to spend crazy money for them and they dont work. My choice was between the listing you have up and these I also found on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-ERROR-FREE-LICENSE-PLATE-LIGHT-BULBS-hid-VOLKSWAGEN-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aVolkswagenQ7cModelQ3aJettaQQhashZitem51974c761dQQitemZ350430721565QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3369wt_1165

I went with the listing above that I replied with. They are cheaper and they work great. I can post pics of them on if you want.
I want to go all LED lights. Exterior and interior hopefully soon but they are not cheap though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I just bought those lights, could you post a pic of them installed? The big heatsinks on them don't interfere with the socket, do they?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Kind of on the same thread idea about lights, but heres a question to all you light pros.

So I have 2007 Jetta City. Its the Mk4 platform. I've been inquiring to sellers about these lights made for the mk4, but they're telling me they wont work on my 2007. The years stated that it works for is 99.5-05. I get that my 07 isn't in the range..but it is an Mk4? So regardless shouldn't it work. Ah whats more important here, the year or the platform. Please advise.

These are the lights..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JETT...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3785wt_1167

This is the car.

http://www.volkswatch.com/vwnews/2007vwnews/cityjetta.jpg

Does 1+1 = 2 :) or no :( :(

·
Registered
735 Posts
haha thats cool. And no they dont effect the socket at all. they fit great.
Here are a few pics of my Jetta with them installed.

Hey I just bought those lights, could you post a pic of them installed? The big heatsinks on them don't interfere with the socket, do they?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey sku11vw07 thanx for posting that link Ive been looking for the same thing. And I just punched them.. I see that you have the amber lights lite up instead of your head light for ur drl. I've been looking on how to do that? What did u need to get it like that?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Your welcome.
But in my Avatar picture though I just turned my lights on without the key in it and since my headlights are Xenon it does not turn the lights on.
I talked to my buddy that owns a VW/Audi shop and he VAG-COM'd his Jetta where his foglights are his DRL's

Hey sku11vw07 thanx for posting that link Ive been looking for the same thing. And I just punched them.. I see that you have the amber lights lite up instead of your head light for ur drl. I've been looking on how to do that? What did u need to get it like that?

·
Quicker Member
420 Posts
There is a way to do it with a euro switch without vag com...a buddy of mine has an mk4 gti and we broke a little metal tab off in the switch which made made the drls turn off.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes there is. My only problem is that my Jetta has Auto headlights and the plug is different so it wont work on mine.

There is a way to do it with a euro switch without vag com...a buddy of mine has an mk4 gti and we broke a little metal tab off in the switch which made made the drls turn off.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Let me know if you found out a way. If not I will just have my buddy VAG-COM mine and hopefully make my fogs my DRL

Yea I have the same issue...im going to see if there is a way for me to modify the switch like my buddy did on his car to make it work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts