Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2005 2.5 and on the way home noticed a faint ticking behind the radio and glovebox. It is about 2 ticks per second, and can be heard whether the car is idle or running. Doesn't matter if the A/C is on or off, or if the radio is on or off. It ticks at the same speed whether it is idle or moving.

It is loud enough to be heard when the A/C fan is blowing on 2 bars, but not on 3 bars, and I can't hear it when the radio is on.

In case it matters, my car is automatic.

I'm sure when I bring it back to the dealer they'll tell me it is nothing.

Should I be worried or should I just live with it? My previous car was a 98 automatic old-style jetta that I have had for about 9 years, so I'm used to creaks and ticks.

Thanks so much - I'm new to this group - sounds like I should have joined a lot earlier...

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Something stuck to your accessory belt? Open your hood when shes runnin and see if anything in the engine bay is rattling against the sidewall. If not... Check your glove box to see if **** in there is rattling around lol

·
I think it'll work...
388 Posts
Is it coming from under your hood as well? I've heard that the 2.5 has a loud chain (or was it lifters... I don't remember).

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is actually the fuel lines making that noise , I think there was a recall on that and all they did was put some rubber bushings around them to quiet them down , don't worry about it too much [teacher]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts