Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm glad to have stumbled across this site. I am the proud owner of a 2003 Jetta Sportwagen. This is my first 'substantial" auto purchase, having owned a 1970 beetle, 1972 Bus, 1990 Golf, 1988 Jetta, 1981 rabbit pickup with 8v gti engine, and most recently a 1986 quantum wagon. Yup, I've had a number of VWs, but the Jetta wagon really floats my boat. I bought this car after I found out that we were expecting, so I was looking for economy, safety, and a kick in the pants. during the week this car hauls my family, on the weekends it hauls a$$. The first week I had it I won my category in SCCA Solo I autocross at Kilkare speedway in Xenia, Ohio. I beat a number of tricked out Toyotas and a Camaro. It was beautiful.

Since owning the car i have been making tasteful mods here and there, euro headlight switch to disable those damned DRLs, and have replaced some of the weirdo original parts like the plastic impellor water pump and flakey ETC sensor..... I am currently looking for wheels, and am pretty much set on the 17in Long beach rims. they are really quite attractive and seem to have been an original option on the car. After that I am considering swapping out my tail light lenses for the golf 4 wagon rear lights I saw in Japan this summer. in my world blinkers are orange....

·
Jetta TDI
2,109 Posts
Welcome man!!!! I see you have owned a bunch of VW's lol. I like the long beaches to I personally think they are the second best stock wheels on the MKIV behind the RC's but welcome!!!!!

Shawn

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts
ehhh long beaches. yucks.

But a caddy? SICK would love to find myself in one of those one day.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see we have a new wagen owner :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts