Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
G&M Performance
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally found a car that met all my goals. A sexy 5-speed 2001 1.8t wolfsburg edition getta! I'll post pictures tomorrow after I clean it and get a few things fixed. Its matte black, shaved all the way around, lightly tinted tail lights, 1.5" drop on fk racing springs (managed to rub through the wheel well liner driving it from the guys house to the shop ;D), 18" rims (need to clean them up at work tomorrow), GIAC X+ chip, upgraded dv (can't remember brand off the top of my head), intake, turbo timer, steering column mounted boost gauge, installing subs in a week or two, hids are going in to the joey modded gti headlights tomorrow, and a FMIC which doesn't fit in the gti bumper which leads me to my question.
What do you guys think about a getta with an R32 bumper?
This is the one I'm looking at http://www.andysautosport.com/volkswagen/1999_2005_golf/exterior/body_kits/extreme_dimensions/extr00235830.html
This car is incredibly unique and I promised the guy I bought it from I would take good care of it and when I was talking to him he was talking about getting a euro bumper or r32 bumper to fit the FMIC. I'm just looking for some opinions, suggestions, comments.

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
Personally I LOVE jettas with the R bumper and GTI headlights. I think it looks pretty cool. I'd say go for it. I know some people around here don't like them, but to each their own.

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
i like it...but at the same time, man...it looks so much like a focus.
nah, the super angry bosers look like a focus. this looks like a jetta with a golf front end to me.

·
G&M Performance
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn i like that picture. I think that would look so sexy when its matte black and a nice silver FMIC chillin the middle. I think I'm just gonna do it. I'll get it after i get my upgraded hoses, so maybe sometime next month. I didn't get a chance to clean my car up today so no pictures yet. Ill get some pics tomorrow at the meet after I get it all cleaned up.

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts
Personally I LOVE jettas with the R bumper and GTI headlights. I think it looks pretty cool. I'd say go for it. I know some people around here don't like them, but to each their own.

cannot deny for an instant that that thing isnt clean as hell! and that it would def. turn heads, personally i dont really like the way it looks but its def. clean.

·
G&M Performance
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cannot deny for an instant that that thing isnt clean as hell! and that it would def. turn heads, personally i dont really like the way it looks but its def. clean.
Well I wasn't going for the bumper just for looks. My main goal is to find a bumper that will actually fit my FMIC and the r32 just seemed like a good choice

·
G&M Performance
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jolf/JTI/J32>Getta
Yea I prefer the jetta front end, but thats how the car came so im just gonna live with it for now

Boo, I was under the impression that you built the car, not someone else...
Yea yea I know :/ I wish I had built it. I was looking to find a car that I could build, but i found this one for same price as the ones i was gonna build up. I am doing all of the maintenance myself with the help of a couple friends and I am planning to do a full engine rebuild with forged internals with in the next couple years and upgrade to a BT setup and I be doing that build myself + a couple friends. So although i didn't build the base of this car I will be building the power plant for this beast XD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.