Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an issue that just started yesterday out of nowhere. I pulled up to my house turned the car off a half hour later went out to start the car back up and the car would not start tried starting it 3 or 4 times and it was turning over but not firing and the engine was flooded. I let the car sit for awhile and still nothing. We retimed the car because it was slightly out of time and the car fired up we let it run for about 10 minutes to burn off all the excess fuel in the cylinders. Drove the car around the block and then pulled back into my driveway turned the car off and then went to turn it back on about a minute later and flooded. We changed the spark plugs because mine were pretty bad and again it fired right up let it run for a few to let it burn off the fuel again turned it off this time immediately tried restarting the car and it was flooded. Rechecked the timing just to make sure that nothing jumped and it was all in time. We checked for spark on all cylinders and all cylinders were good pulled the new spark plugs and they were soaked. We though that the fuel pressure regulator might be bad and had a spare one in the garage changed that same scenario it started because the regulator was empty so the engine went a second with no additional fuel and then it wouldn't start the second time. We also checked compression to make sure we didn't have an issue there and all 4 cylinders checked out at 120 psi. I here the fuel pump kick on and off so I don't think its getting stuck on but honestly im at a loss right now any Ideals that you all have I will check out when I get home and any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,

I found the issue and wanted to update this so that if anyone has the same or simmilar issue it will hopefully help. The temp sensor on the plastice flange on the driver side of the engine the 4 pin sensor was bad. It was reading the temp on the dash and not pulling a code. I replaced it and the car runs wonderfully now. Hope this helps someone else and saves hours of racking your brain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts