Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I know this is a common thread but I can't seem to find a sticky or 101 on the topic.

I did some gravedigging via the site search and combed the Noob Guide to no avail.

I really just need to know what I need to get from a donor car to swap into mine. Did VW provide a harness down to the bumper or so I need to get or make a harness from the headlight switch to the fixture?

Obviously I need fixtures the headlight switch and possibly a harness. Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks,
Al C. - '98 TDI

·
Registered
12 Posts
I, also, am having trouble finding more on this. I swapped the bumper with fogs from a Cabrio to my MKIII Jetta, and found a headlight switch that had fogs and installed that. I made sure to move the relay, and put in a fresh fuse, as well. No fogs. Light for them doesn't even light up in the switch. Going to pull the known good relay from the GTI and troubleshoot.

Did you ever get yours installed? I know this thread is two years old. Figured I'd chime in anyway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bad relay was causing the light in the switch to not come on. Still no fogs. Argh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can run then off the side marker lights as well, ghetto but works well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That’s what I’m doing, but still no fogs. Have new smoked setup coming this week. Going ahead and swapping the whole units on both sides, with new bulbs. If that doesn’t do it, I’ll be back lol Thanks for the response. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
BULBS! Both bulbs were out. Praise jibbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts