Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Jetta 2.5. I'm having a fuel leak issue. Anything over 1/2 tank, I can see fuel dripping off of the bottom of fuel tank. After 1/2 tank, I can smell fuel, but only while accelerating. Not sure where to begin looking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Etta!
So the fuel leak thing. Super sketchy. What I would do is start small and work your way to big horrible expensive repairs. Odds are its a retaining clip or quick connect. The half full leak thing is concerning though.
On rear passenger side in front of the tire semi recessed up into wheel well is your main fuel sending,return, and breather lines and fuel filter. (Little beer can looking deal) these have convenient quick connects, but the lines are about ss brittle and fragile as grandmas tea set. That is where I would start. And if hoh have to relieve fuel pressure this is where i do that too. Disconnect battery though or you willhave your fuel pump dumping fuel everywhere.Our cars have all kinds of crazy going on fuel and emissions wise all tucked super inconveniently up in the spare tire area. The fuel pump access is under the rear bench seat. It slmost seems you may have s bad seal there or at filler neck. But no matter what resign yourself to the fact that all activities will be hands and knees or inching around on your back. Start at the filter and follow the lines to where the leak is. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much! I'm planning on taking the car out of state in the next few weeks, so I need to get it figured out. I'll follow your advice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No problem. Try looking online for a site called elsa not the vag sponsored elsa, its by this wierd Eastern European guy but the info is 100% legit. Elsa and erwin are vw groups. Central repair and maintenance data hubs for dealerships they charge us common mortals like 60$ for a one day sneak peek behind the curtain. The chiltons and hanes are ok but very vague. definitely figure it out beford travel. Thats s national lampoon movie waiting to happen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem. Try looking online for a site called elsa not the vag sponsored elsa, its by this wierd Eastern European guy but the info is 100% legit. Elsa and erwin are vw groups. Central repair and maintenance data hubs for dealerships they charge us common mortals like 60$ for a one day sneak peek behind the curtain. The chiltons and hanes are ok but very vague. definitely figure it out beford travel. Thats s national lampoon movie waiting to happen
Will do. Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts