Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 20 of 426 Posts

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo, spent last weekend installing a 60/40 kit from FK. After fully installed with new rubber on my newly purchased used BBS RAs I notice it has some slightly noticable rear rake going on..now everything was replaced mount and bushing wise...I did notice upon instalation that there are notches in the rear strut(bottom part) where the lower cup sits...are these adjustable?..its held in with a sort of snap ring collar type thing..
Anyways any idears are better than what I got..It was such a PITA that I really hate to tear it all apart again, but I hate the look of it more.

BTW rides very nice and very good wheel response:)

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Cup kit confusion

Well glad I'm not the type to wait...

Turns out there was no reverse rake afterall..what I believed to be reverse rake was actually....hmmm...a trick of the eyes...In actuallity the mesurements to the body line say it is in fact 1/2 inch higher in the rear..confused?...so was I until I looked a little further noticing the top of the front fender well touching the body line as the rear fender well was a good 1/2 inch below. After having a friend hold a 2x4 on its side I placed a level on it..sure enough, perfectly level. Now my only decision is
1. do I raise the rear up to give the apearance of the wheel wells being the same.
2. cut the dead springs in the front to lower the front closing the gap so that its equal to the rear thus lowering the front further..
3. Say the hell with it and enjoy the ride....knowing that other people are looking at it going...ewwwww:(

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I'll get some..working wierd hours at the campground ..and at the car lot...not getting much time for anything els, but taking Wednesday off for some Jetta lovin...

·
Registered
17 Posts

how about taking every single item out of the trunk. and put the spare tire in the back passenger floorboards. heck... while your at it take the back seats out and all the speakers and the door panels and the carpet and headliner and the passenger headlight!! and ....

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

how about taking every single item out of the trunk. and put the spare tire in the back passenger floorboards. heck... while your at it take the back seats out and all the speakers and the door panels and the carpet and headliner and the passenger headlight!! and ....
you've just described my parts car

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

this an older picture, but is currently where my car sits...one too many speed shifts results in a snapped clutch cable:(

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I meant "sits"...as in on a trailor..lol

pics...hmmm...either later on, or tomorrow..depends on if I'm going pubbin" or not:D

·
Premium Member
14,473 Posts
About time! Those RA's look way better than the other ones you had on. Nice drop also. Lookin' good, lookin' good.

1 - 20 of 426 Posts