Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Help please . . ... When I push in the hazard light switch, the flashers don't work. Engaging the switch also kills the turn signals. Thanks to the good people here I've just solved the car's random and intermittent (and maddening) tendency for the turn signals to blow their fuse at any time (electrical contact cleaner sprayed up the switch seems to have fixed it for now).

Any constructive thoughts appreciated . . . .

The car is a 2005 (MKIV) 2.0 wagon - automatic.

Cheers,

Jim

·
2000 GLS 2.0 AEG
499 Posts
FJ, the relay that controls the turn signals (and the hazards) is built into the hazards switch in the Mk4 (unlike most cars, where the switch and the relay are separate pieces). Just replace the hazard button assembly and you should be fine. M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dropped offline - it happens because of work . . . . All day at a 'puter but no internet access.... Anyway, thanks for the tips. I have tried replacing the hazard switch. Turn signals work fine, but not the hazards, so I'm guessing it's a fault in the wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.