Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Volkswagen Jetta
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Have a 2011 2.0L Jetta.

Hot air is not blowing through the fans, only cold. Recently changed coolant reservoir due to leak in res bottle.

Starting with the most simple and inexpensive fix, what should I be looking for?

I'm not willing to take it to a shop unless I know for a fact I can't fix it myself.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a similar issue with my mk5 jetta and I'm pretty sure it's actually the temperature control flap. It's not that it can t turn on the heat it's just the flap (part) which adjusts it is defective. Sometimes if I turn the temperature back and forth from hot to cold eventually it changes that's how I know it's this specific part. In your case,I'm not exactly sure, just sharing my experience which seems to have the same symptoms as yours

·
Registered
2 Posts
The AC fan is working but when I have heat on it blows hot air to passenger side but cold air to drivers side. Please help with suggestions

·
Registered
2011 Volkswagen Jetta
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive been wondering if maybe the control was an issue. When i turn it, it feels like it doesnt move as smoothly as it should. Any idea on how to get access to that flap? how to remove the front panel? if i can even attach a wrech to it id be happy
I have a similar issue with my mk5 jetta and I'm pretty sure it's actually the temperature control flap. It's not that it can t turn on the heat it's just the flap (part) which adjusts it is defective. Sometimes if I turn the temperature back and forth from hot to cold eventually it changes that's how I know it's this specific part. In your case,I'm not exactly sure, just sharing my experience which seems to have the same symptoms as yours

·
Registered
2011 Volkswagen Jetta
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also wondering if this would affect the car constantly overheating?
Hey guys. Have a 2011 2.0L Jetta.

Hot air is not blowing through the fans, only cold. Recently changed coolant reservoir due to leak in res bottle.

Starting with the most simple and inexpensive fix, what should I be looking for?

I'm not willing to take it to a shop unless I know for a fact I can't fix it myself.

Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
so wait a minute, the vehicle continues to overheat? I think the first step is to diagnose and fix your overheating issue first. There's no sense in having good heat if your engine is overheating and will eventually cook your motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts