Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,so I've been reading on forum for awhile but this is my first post and if it's already floating around or I posted in wrong place, my apologies.
So here goes; I was able too get an 07 Jetta GLI a few month's ago and within a well the car went down.
Would crank, start and die almost immediately. So I checked all fuel related options and nope, fine fuel output. I then started researching and discovered the immobilizer issues and it seemed likely that's the issue. So then I went on a mission to find someone in my small town with correct software to erase the immobilizer code and thought I had, but I think that guy was just trying ty get my car for next to nothing.
So then I had to literally push vehicle ttyl different location and now no crank no start at all, check all fuses and replace 2 and back in business as far as at least getting it to start.Then on a whim i decided to try it and lo and behold it starts and stays running, at this point though, I need gas soi turn it off and again back to no crank no start. Check manual clutch switch, find some chewed wire ( f*@$ing packrat) so fix that and I now have all instrument cluster lights again and car start's right up and dies about 60 seconds later and now im not getting fuel.
Any help will be appreciated, I live fairly remote and outs my main mode of transport.

All fuses and relays have been checked, new battery, new fuel pump and filter.

·
2005.5 MKV Jetta
2 Posts
Welcome to the life of owning a VW :) I have a 2005.5 MK5 and the wiring harnesses are so shot in the door hinges that some doors lock, some don't, and one I have to do manually through a hole in the side of the door. I've tried fixing it but the wires are just old and brittle and I probably need new harnesses for each door. At $250 a pop that's not happening.

Why do I share this? Because I've found that VWs just have electrical problems. Sounds like yours is compounded by small animals. But heat and time ruin wires too. And the worst is they can sometimes work and sometimes not work. So you might test something and it seems fine, but then tomorrow it's not anymore. I would keep doing what you're doing. Do you have a strong voltage signal across wires (when you should)? Do you have good connectivity (when it's not live)? All tested with a quality OHM/Volt meter. It's going to be slow and annoying. But boy will you get to know your car!

Best wishes and I'm sorry you're having problems.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts