Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new on here and I'm in need of help. I have a 2006 Jetta that a friend sold to someone, when the first person received the the car it ran perfectly fine minus a wheel barron needed changed and the fuel pump needed replaced. The second owner replaced both of the issues. The young lady decided she didn't want the car anymore and that's how I ended up with it. The problem is before the fuel pump and the wheel barron we're replaced the car ran normal in both automatic and slapstick,but now the car won't shift into gear when in drive and when in slapstick mode it won't shift into 4th or 5th gear now. I fixed the issue with the fuel pump and replaced the speed sensor in the wheel barron but I still can't get it to shift properly. Any ideas do I just need to replace the wheel barron again or should I reset something please help I'm a woman and I feel like I could be taken advantage of if I'm not careful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi I'm new on here and I'm in need of help. I have a 2006 Jetta that a friend sold to someone, when the first person received the the car it ran perfectly fine minus a wheel barron needed changed and the fuel pump needed replaced. The second owner replaced both of the issues. The young lady decided she didn't want the car anymore and that's how I ended up with it. The problem is before the fuel pump and the wheel barron we're replaced the car ran normal in both automatic and slapstick,but now the car won't shift into gear when in drive and when in slapstick mode it won't shift into 4th or 5th gear now. I fixed the issue with the fuel pump and replaced the speed sensor in the wheel barron but I still can't get it to shift properly. Any ideas do I just need to replace the wheel barron again or should I reset something please help I'm a woman and I feel like I could be taken advantage of if I'm not careful.
Also the transmission itself does not act like it's going out it just doesn't shift right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts