Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 TDI Golf and I lost me darn key for it today in a grocery store.

So with all this computer crap in cars and having to go through the expense and hassle of having to "program" the stupid key, once I pay to get one made for it, is there a way to eliminate that goofy chip crap that's in the steering column so I don't have to program the key?

I wouldn't give a rat's butt if someone stole this pile of crap, so why do I need that computer crap in an ignition key anyway? Why VW ever abandoned the older technology of the early diesels is beyond me.

I swear - as soon as I get this p.o.s. driveable again it's going up for sale.

In my quest for a good mpg car this is the 2nd brand I've gone through. First it was a gutless Civic hybrid, now this loser. The next car I get is going to be a Toyota Corolla.

I hope that if I ever buy a 2006 or newer car, someone will kick me right in the crotch!!!!

So can I disconnect this computer chip thing in the steering column, or what?

HELP!!!

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Either way; a new key program, or immobilizer delete, it's
gonna cost you to have it done. Also, you can't do it yourself
because you don't have another working key. So, you'll
be ordering another key, and having the car towed to the dealer
to have it programmed.

Let us know when/if you're gonna sell it...

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
to have it programmed.

Haha I had the same thoughts too

What's your location

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to have it programmed.

Yeah, I already knew that.

I found a locksmith on Ebay and tracked him down over the Internet and looked up his phone number on YellowPages,com. His business name is Prestige Car Keys and he's in:
  • Delray Beach, FL 33483
  • Phone number (561) 727-0329
I just sent him a scan of my title and driver's license and I expect to hear back soon with the price, so I can pay him with my Visa.

Americans need to write to VW America and demand that they stop this BS of putting these ridiculous, impossible-to-reparable keys in their cars. There is NO sense to this crap. If someone wants to steal your stupid Volkswagen, having that high-dollar machined key in it isn't going to stop them.

I buy and sell stuff for a living and I might buy one of these turds to re-sell but I will NEVER have my name on another VW title. And YES it's for sale. I just [put new glow plugs, a K&N filter and tires on it and it runs great. In fact, I just took it to Dallas and back.

I live in Sterling, Illinois - 120 mi West of Chicago and 55 miles SW of Rockford. The first one with $2700 cash owns it!!!...............after I get the stupid key, of course!!!

You can call me at 815-9seven3-8one28.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sterling, Ill. Screw this p.o.s. I'm sick of dealing with it.

This thing it TOTALLY over-engineered, like almost everything else the Germans make. If they want to "engineer" something why don't the idiots work on making a glove box or arm rest lid that won't pop off in your hands?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah - and go back to a vertically-mounted, screw-on oil filter, so all the oil won't run out of it every time you shut the car off!!! DUHHHHH?

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
Yeah, I already knew that.

I found a locksmith on Ebay and tracked him down over the Internet and looked up his phone number on YellowPages,com. His business name is Prestige Car Keys and he's in:
  • Delray Beach, FL 33483
  • Phone number (561) 727-0329
I just sent him a scan of my title and driver's license and I expect to hear back soon with the price, so I can pay him with my Visa.

Americans need to write to VW America and demand that they stop this BS of putting these ridiculous, impossible-to-reparable keys in their cars. There is NO sense to this crap. If someone wants to steal your stupid Volkswagen, having that high-dollar machined key in it isn't going to stop them.

I buy and sell stuff for a living and I might buy one of these turds to re-sell but I will NEVER have my name on another VW title. And YES it's for sale. I just [put new glow plugs, a K&N filter and tires on it and it runs great. In fact, I just took it to Dallas and back.

I live in Sterling, Illinois - 120 mi West of Chicago and 55 miles SW of Rockford. The first one with $2700 cash owns it!!!...............after I get the stupid key, of course!!!

You can call me at 815-9seven3-8one28.
I get your frustration with this issue, I ran into this issue as well on my jetta when my cluster went out, yes it's a pain in the butt but a lot of cars and manufacturers have already gone to this system, how do you think those push button start car's work? same exact thing, chip in the key that sends the signal to the car saying this car is ok to start, without it car's would just be stolen all over the place, it makes it harder and harder to steal a car now

And you do NOT have to have a dealer program the key for you!!!! LOOK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CJdGCTaW8Q
while this is correct this is not the issue at hand for your car, this is only for the remote to unlock, lock the doors and pop the trunk, you also do not need the dealership to program the chip in the car but you need vagcom, and the SKC from the cluster, and well to pull the SKC code from the cluster you'll need VAG TACHO as well, so what cost's you about $300 at the dealership for a key, remote and programing would cost you around $1300 for those 2 programs alone plus you'll need to learn how to do these procedures

So the video is as described but it's not for you application

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
And you do NOT have to have a dealer program the key for you!!!! LOOK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CJdGCTaW8Q
Yeah, as I said, "Also, you can't do it yourself
because you don't have another working key."
See post #3? As I originally said...

That video specifically says you need a working key
in the ignition! That also only works up to a certain
year. HE also has a diagnostic tool connected to the
OBDII port, so I still would take that with a grain of salt.

Also, that only syncs the REMOTE to the car, not the
immobilizer! When I had a key removed from the system,
that key would remotely unlock the car, and lock the car,
pop the trunk, but would NOT start it.

You need VCDS to program a key to START it.

AS for writing VW to stop it, EVERYONE is doing it, not just VW.

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
Yeah, as I said, "Also, you can't do it yourself
because you don't have another working key."
See post #3? As I originally said...

That video specifically says you need a working key
in the ignition! That also only works up to a certain
year. HE also has a diagnostic tool connected to the
OBDII port, so I still would take that with a grain of salt.

Also, that only syncs the REMOTE to the car, not the
immobilizer! When I had a key removed from the system,
that key would remotely unlock the car, and lock the car,
pop the trunk, but would NOT start it.

You need VCDS to program a key to START it.

AS for writing VW to stop it, EVERYONE is doing it, not just VW.
this guy is a moron and has been banned, there's another thread he made about his asking for a poll, so I played along and helped hime out and then just got all pissy and used pretty foul language to insult me and another mod when we didn't gladly go along with his bad idea

1 - 10 of 10 Posts