Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

How to Upload Photos

14K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Grease Slapper 
#1 ·
Okay I have been surfing the introduction threads and have ran into a small handful of people that do not know how to upload photos to their threads. This is a basic How-To:

Step 1: The first thing is to find the picture you wish to uplaod <for some people this maybe just as big of a challange as uploading the picture itself>. Found it okay lets move on to step two.

Step Two: Okay now that you have the photo that you wish to upload you now have to actually upload it to the internet. There is a large list of sites that you can use but the most common are flickr and photobucket. I perfer photobucket. You must sign-up for the site, then add images. Select the photo you wish to upload and hit upload. Continue to step three.

Step Three: Now if you are using photobucket you can use their self generated code otherwise you have to make your own. Thats not hard. If you need to do this step I have created Step Three and a Half for you. If so continue there if not skip to step four.

[B][U][I]Step Three and a Half:[/I][/U][/B] This is a very simple step. All you have to do is put [img] before the url for the picture and there after. <
>

Step Four: Now this is the most simple part of all. Copy the code, from either the self generated link or the [img] code you have made, and post it into the website of which you are trying to post a picture in.

I hope this helps.
lilkiduno

I will edit this when I get on my personal laptop. On a work laptop right now and i have no access to media sharing websites. I will add screen shots and snippits to help aid.

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay I have been surfing the introduction threads and have ran into a small handful of people that do not know how to upload photos to their threads. This is a basic How-To:

Step 1:

The first thing is to find the picture you wish to uplaod <for some people this maybe just as big of a challange as uploading the picture itself>. Found it okay lets move on to step two.

Step Two:

Okay now that you have the photo that you wish to upload you now have to actually upload it to the internet. There is a large list of sites that you can use but the most common are flickr and photobucket. I perfer photobucket. You must sign-up for the site.

Step Three: You then have to upload your photos. Do so by selecting the upload icon, you will be redirected to the upload wizard the website provides. Select the photo you wish to upload and hit upload. Continue to step four.

Step Four:

Now if you are using photobucket you can use their self generated code otherwise you have to make your own. Thats not hard. If you need to do this step I have created Step four and a Half for you. If so continue there if not skip to step four.

[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/lilkiduno/JJ%20project/GeneratedlinkClickHere.jpg

Step Four and a Half:

This is a very simple step. All you have to do is put
there after. <
>

Step Five:

Now this is the most simple part of all. Copy the code, from either the self generated link or the [img] code you have made, and post it into the website of which you are trying to post a picture in.

[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/lilkiduno/link.jpg

I hope this helps.

lilkiduno

All instructions included were based off photobucket, I assume Flickr is nearly the same.

P.S. Can an Admin/Mod delete my first post, Thank you! Feedback on this write up would be nice... If I need to add more let me know. :D

#14 ·
Make a copy of the photo you want to use to your desktop, then open it with paint. Click resize and choose 40 percent for horizontal and it should automatically change vertical. Then save your new resized image. Then reupload that file. Make sure when you resize with percentage, not pixels.

*Edit - Just noticed i responded to a post from 2012. Hope this helps any new comers.

#12 ·
Hello guys... Having a problem with the uploading stuff... Been following the thread and I got as far as bieng able to upload the images on the photobucket app for my galaxy sII.. The pc at home is not connected and I'm using the one at work most of the time and can't upload to this one... Any help with the android apps? How to do it? The set up is slightly different on the phone apps...?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.