Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a mk4 Jetta about 3 months ago but I’ve never really been much into cars growing up; didn’t see a reason to carry such an interest in something I couldn’t afford. But that’s before I knew how f***ing awesome cars are. I’m already 20 and I’m barely getting into all this. I feel so late, but honestly, even though I’ve never grown up with someone to teach me about cars, it’s better late than never. After hitting 135 on my Jetta I got a sudden dream; getting this baby over 500hp. I know I hardly know anything about cars but I’m more than willing to learn. I’m even planning on attending UTI to get a general grip on cars but for the meantime I’ve been doing what I can here and there on my own, learning from my cousins, little stuff. But I’m ready to take it to the next step. I have a 2.8L 12V SOHC VR6 and I wanna do a complete engine rebuild before I even think of purchasing a turbo kit. New rotors, pistons, bearings, all that good stuff. I just need help knowing which parts will be the best to help me reach my 500+ horsepower Jetta dream.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hp = $$$
I hope you have a good job!

How fast you want to go is equal to how much $$$ you have to spend.

At 20 years old I can think of a lot better ways to spend that money to make your life better down the road. Invest and you'll be able to buy a brand new car that is 500 + hp.

I am speaking from experience and I have the same engine as you.

BTW, if yours is an automatic your project is already dead in the water. The automatic trans is crap and it will never last with that much power. Mine is an auto, had it rebuilt a few times already at about $5K
every time.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hp = $$$
I hope you have a good job!

How fast you want to go is equal to how much $$$ you have to spend.

At 20 years old I can think of a lot better ways to spend that money to make your life better down the road. Invest and you'll be able to buy a brand new car that is 500 + hp.

I am speaking from experience and I have the same engine as you.

BTW, if yours is an automatic your project is already dead in the water. The automatic trans is crap and it will never last with that much power. Mine is an auto, had it rebuilt a few times already at about $5K
every time.

Hahaha f*ck an automatic. Manny trans for life. I know it will be an expensive project but it’s a vr6. I don’t want another car I want the Jetta to go zoom zoom. I’m sure you understand. Money is not a worry, willing to spend $10k on this cause that’s better than buying a new car for $15k

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well keep us posted. I want to see what you do with it.

I wish ours was a 5 speed, I wonder how hard it'd be to swap

My wife ordered our Jetta new in 2003. It's had issues since new. Definately the last VW we will ever own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well keep us posted. I want to see what you do with it.

I wish ours was a 5 speed, I wonder how hard it'd be to swap

My wife ordered our Jetta new in 2003. It's had issues since new. Definately the last VW we will ever own.

Haha very understandable. Jetta is the only car I like out of VW. And only the mk1-mk4 versions. Otherwise these are very unreliable cars. Much rather prefer a Honda or Subaru but this vr6 sure is fun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts