Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased an 03 1.8t 2 weeks ago. I'm looking forward to doing a few things to it, nothing over the top. But I was wondering about getting a new after market come air filter (typical right?). And I'm sure this has been a asked countless times. But...
What is the best aftermarket filter out there for decent money that can make my car sound better than it already does?
And if I do get one, what should I do with the small, maybe 1" diameter tube that connects to the side of the air box? I've heard that it does nothing? Do I need to keep that?

Oh rims... What company is a good quality company that won't empty my bank account? (My hubcaps need to go)

And what if my CEL is on and gives me the code for coolant P2181, even though my car runs normal at 190 degrees..

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
First off rimzzzzzzz

Second welcome to jj

And last search, this has been beat to hell all these questions

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
Are you saying that I should not bother with my CEL nor a air filter and just get rimz? Lol
no, maintanance before mods, don't even bother with the intake until you fix your cel

I say rimzzzzz because rimz you will find on an escalade, or a donk or whatever you want to call it, we in the euro community put wheels on our car's not rimz

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts
replace your coolant temp sensor. cheap and easy

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I just recently purchased an 03 1.8t 2 weeks ago. I'm looking forward to doing a few things to it, nothing over the top. But I was wondering about getting a new after market come air filter (typical right?). And I'm sure this has been a asked countless times. But...
What is the best aftermarket filter out there for decent money that can make my car sound better than it already does?
And if I do get one, what should I do with the small, maybe 1" diameter tube that connects to the side of the air box? I've heard that it does nothing? Do I need to keep that?

Oh rims... What company is a good quality company that won't empty my bank account? (My hubcaps need to go)

And what if my CEL is on and gives me the code for coolant P2181, even though my car runs normal at 190 degrees..
Just like the post above. Replace Coolant Temp Sensor, if that doesn't fix it, then replace your thermostat.

Any cone filter will do, as long as it is a dry filter.

For the 1" tube to the SAI, you would need a mini filter. I wrapped it in electrical tape and shoved it into the tube.

Look for some OEM wheels on Craigslist or shop around for some nice ones online.

Last thing, Searching can be your best friend for all these answers. Start reading and learn more about your vehicle and you will love it even more. Welcome to JJ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts