Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'm a DFDUB
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought my 2005.5 2.5L about a month ago, and have finally have saved enough to get all my audio installed! I said it was the first thing I was going to do haha....

4 Infinity reference speakers for the doors, wired to a 1400w 4 channel MDX amp, 12" Polk audio MM sub, wired to a 1100w 2 channel crunch amp in a ported bandpass box.

Then I'm thinking to stick with the stock radio for a while so I got a line out converter for that too. And of course a capacitor. I also bought the amp kit and speaker wire that way all I have to do is pay for install. My last car was a Ford, and I haven't had this VW long enough to try and tear it a part. And well... I don't have the know how on wiring audio.

Here is a pic of the bundle of audio before install!

And the question:

Is there a way to get the "open door" lights under the dash that illuminate the floor to stay on and can I change the color of it with either replacing the bulb or colorizing the plastic lens somehow?

Thanks guys!

·
I'm a DFDUB
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work at a HUGE electronics store that also has a audio install area with 3 bays. So I get a pretty nice discount. $175 for all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts