Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Jetta, but it comes with a connection for the Apple Ipod that sits in the console between the front seats. i don't own an ipod. I have a Microsoft zune and so far I'm being told that their is no way to adapt it for my Zune. can anyone help me?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I changed my 2010 Jetta from the IPOD connector to the aux cd input. Which works just fine. The main issues are that it doesn't take power from the car just the mp3 player's battery and you have to shut it down separately from the car. The IPOD adapter is really poorly designed. It treats the IPOD like it was a multiple disk cd player. Exceedingly poor design. The sound whether from an IPOD or through the CD aux input is from the mp3 player not the radio head end so sound wise there's little difference except... The VW technician who changed mine over seems to have created a ground loop or left a cable unshielded. So that when the mp3 player isn't connected and the radio is set on the cd aux in it picks up white noise from the Running lights unit. How can I tell? Engine off, lights switched on and you get a white noise. Turn the lights off and the white noise goes away. Same with the engine running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts