Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a Jetta and it's been a bit neglected by its previous owner so I wanted to flush the coolant myself. I bought Prestone Radiator Flush but I wanted another opinion, before I get started, on whether I should use a Flush or just water to clear out the cooling system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just recently got a Jetta and it's been a bit neglected by its previous owner so I wanted to flush the coolant myself. I bought Prestone Radiator Flush but I wanted another opinion, before I get started, on whether I should use a Flush or just water to clear out the cooling system.
I think it’s okay as long s as you don’t use tap water to prepare your coolant if it’s a concentrate.

I would use DI water to do a finale rinse/flush just to flush out any chemicals left in the system from flushing with tap water.

Also use DI water to prepare your concentrate coolant. If it’s already 50-50 and ready to use, no preparation needed! Just put it in, and make sure you follow the bleeding procedure to ensure you don’t have bubbles in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts