Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
MK4 super n00b
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that I've had my car 5 months and have been a part of this forum 5 months (y'all unknowingly convinced me) I'm making my own build thread =]

I got this 1.8T after totaling my lil hyundai (20 days before my birthday) due to some ice and terrible Kumo tires. I immediately thought "yes i get to upgrade" and wanted to get a 4wd car with a turbo that would also be a commute and daily driver since gas prices are raping. I looked at Subaru cause I love their torque but was put off by the prices and the price of mods. Next on my list was Audi and other EDM cars (meaning black on black on black while yelling thug life out the window). the A4 had my name on it but dealers were always trying to take advantage of my youth thinking i'm dumb (so i give them the finger and walk away) but it had gotten to the point that i was getting desperate for a car. I went to a dealership near my house thinking i would just get an all black A6 and just be thugged out in it but there were two blue Jettas on each side. A mk3 gli and a mk4 1.8T. i was hesatant about the mk4 but it had the exact engine i wanted but it was blue with beige leather (eww) i got in for a test drive and scared the **** out of the dealer testing the turbo.

i now proudly own a blue mk4 jetta with a soccer mom previous owner lol

after spending about $2500 to get everything in tippy top shape (almost there) the whole ordeal cost about $10,000 which was my budget anyways. the 2.5k includes some super bad @$$ Yokohamas so i'm not too mad hahahah

I wont put too much into performance because i am trying to hold on to all the fuel economy i can but so far i have just done a K&N w/ some swiss cheese in the airbox. I also took out the sound dampener under the hood to put some sweet stickers for horsepower.

future plans are to upgrade the stereo with subs (for dubstep) and a new deck since the radio is killing me and noone makes CDs or Cassettes anymore. Coils are up in the air right now and will depend on cash flow this summer but i am loving my LBs so i'll keep those on. Tint is coming soon and possibly a new grill top and bottom.

any tips or ideas are always welcome =]

ps... i feel like a crack head i want a roof rack so bad lol

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Moved to the build board for ya.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Wtf is tumblr and why does everyone have one?

·
MK4 super n00b
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha yeah my bad I changed my tumblr url so I think the links broke, will fix when the sun is up. But tumblr has some good Volkswagen blogs that have some good stuff. I like germansdoitbetter.tumblr.com cause they do bmw and mercedes too (+ they sent me vinyl stickers lol)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Love those LB's man! Honestly my fav wheels VW ever put out, and great for winter setup as well
Looking forward to seeing the new wheels though

·
MK4 super n00b
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok so the CC Interlagos that I wanted to get still haven't happened due to the cost of living but I am trying to work out a deal with my dad to commandeer his 18x8 OZ Superleggera III (3 piece) wheels =]

but alas since he has a Volvo I will need to get adapters and was thinking about getting these from Pro Wheel Adapters

I was just wondering what y'all thought about this set up or if any of y'all have ever made any purchases from this company. Ideas are always welcome =]

·
MK4 super n00b
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
also my dad is trying to pawn off on me his old 18x9 Zenetti Fives that he had back from when chrome was cool. I think chrome on a Jetta is a bit flashy (even though I have chrome strips) but I was also wondering, what do y'all think about chrome on VWs?

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
also my dad is trying to pawn off on me his old 18x9 Zenetti Fives that he had back from when chrome was cool. I think chrome on a Jetta is a bit flashy (even though I have chrome strips) but I was also wondering, what do y'all think about chrome on VWs?
your head's in the right place, I really dig your wheels, as simple as they are I really love em just get some more low and they look even better

1 - 20 of 84 Posts