Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

41 - 60 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Since im really concentrating on making exterior changes of my mk3 jetta, Ive decided to upgrade the front bumper lip to a VR6 EURO DEEP BUMPER LIP, its bought off from ebay for under $50. The quality of the plastic material is very good like OEM, very sturdy and durable.

Heres a pic of the US spec bumper lip on these jettas.

in these pictures, you can notice the difference between the stock short lip and the deep lip.

heres the deep lip installed into my jetta, I think the deep lip makes a huge difference on appearance on the front, just curious if its very earodynamic and effective on air drag while being on the freeway, overall, it looks good. I still have to make some trimmings to make it really fit in there when i get back to auto body school.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Since I am very interest on workin on my own jetta or at least try doing some thing on my own, I picked on the repair manual bible from a local seller on craigslist. I scored big time cause it only cost me $20 since its some what used condition, brand new can go for $45 + shipping. Heres a link to where these book can be purchased online if anyone is interested http://www.amazon.com/Volkswagen-Jetta-Golf-GTI-1993-1999/dp/0837603668/ref=pd_cp_b_1

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
yeah these grill are nice, I choose them for a good reason.... because these mesh grill has less things up front that restricts the cool air to the radiator. I really wanted the badgeless mesh grill but those are just hard to find.

heres the grill that i really wanted, but I think its only available in Germany

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Since I really hated the stock 15" Buggatti wheels that the mk3 jetta vr6 came with, I decided to finally upgrade the wheels to 17" which is petty modest for size for these cars, going 18" wheels on these mk3 jetta gives up to focus on the car IMO.

I bought this 5 spoke 17" model VW225 ET (offset) +38 wheels made by Velocity. This particular model only comes in black color and its made by aluminum material, I forgot whats the weight per rims. These rims can either be 17" with the ET of +32/35/38/40/45/48/50 or 18" with the ET of +38/40, they can be purchased from http://www.velocitywheel.com/wheels.asp?ProductID=148&ClassID=2 for $150 each + shipping.

Heres a pic of how my new 17" wheel looks like on my mk3 jetta installed. Since the MK3 Jetta VR6 specificaly came with a huge braking system and the wheels are ET +38, I needed 1/8" spacers up on the front of my car to clear the calipers which makes the ET now aprox +35, but I bought 4 spacers for all sides to make it even although the rears didnt need them. The recommended tires size of the 17's are 205/40/17 but my wheels are wrapped with 215/45/17 Sonny Tires, the fitment seems to be ok. these 5 spoke wheels looks really good with my slotted and drilled rotors because they now can be seen.

Heres how the wheels looks like with the whole car, it gives that sporty look that ive been looking for especially with the color black that matches my car color. The wheels and the car looks just right because I think the attention are now even on the body and on the wheels. Although it looks good now, I still think it will look a lot better if I were to lower my mk3 Jetta about 1.5" at the front and 1" on the back, maybe coilovers will be better to determine that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
wow Draggingframe, thanks once again for this link hahaha, man you sure can find stuff.
I get bored fairly often, and look at all kinds of stuff for these cars. Even the things I don't like, haha. And please, paint your calipers! Those pretty rotors are stuck behind those ugly calipers.

Looks like a truck, slaaaam it. (Not that I have a lot of room to talk, hah. Mine will be on the ground soon enough though.) Maybe it's just the fact that it's not lowered, but those wheels, and tires look huge.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Looks like a truck, slaaaam it. (Not that I have a lot of room to talk, hah. Mine will be on the ground soon enough though.) Maybe it's just the fact that it's not lowered, but those wheels, and tires look huge.
LOL, yeah its sitting kinda high with the stock height and with those rims. The tires i had on the wheels were too big for 17 as they were 215/45/17, I had them changed to 205/40/17 because it was rubbing my fender well when loaded with weights on the back. I hope this helps the rubbing issue now.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Heres a pic of how my new tires fit in with the wheels on my car. its a Nexen N7000 Ultra High Performance Driving-All Season tires, size of 205/40/17 with W rating (168 mph = 270km/h), total cost of $380 along with installation & balanced from Fire Stone tire shop. The tires really fit in perfectly now, no more rubbing at high speed with loads or passengers at the back meaning I am now clear for lowering the car. Heres a link of the info of my tires http://www.nexentireusa.com/tires-3/N7000 . heres information of rating of the tires if anyone needs it http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=35 .

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Another dress up accessories came in today, its a wind deflector/ rain guard purchased for all 4 side windows from www.autopartswarehouse.com for $72, heres the direct link of this part #94732 http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?searchType=global&N=0&Ntt=94732 which is available for mk3 4 door jetta/golf, its also available for 2 door mk3 golf at this link http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...70095.html?loc=Front&tlc=Exterior+Accessories .

I bought this because I want my jetta to get fresh air with the windows slightly rolled down while parked during rainy or summer season outside, this part is very useful for those reasons, plus it gives a better look to my jetta.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
no offense but this thing gets worse every time :X
LMAO. It only gets better for my eyes and maybe worse for some folks, I guess its the JDM in me lol J/K. I just like to stand out from the norms or the same route other people likes.... each to thier own discretion O0

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I see you guys point but I like it there for functionality.... there's 50/50 likes and dislike around my town here.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I decided to buy another accessory for my MK3 Jetta since I really want to stand out from another mk3 Jetta/Golf. I bought a bumper grill with built in LED fog lights from Ebay for $60, here's the link http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=m39&_nkw=mk3+grill+fog . Although it says its for mk3 golf, its a same part for mk3 jetta.

The bumper grill fog lights comes complete with both side bumper grill and wiring harness switch along with the relay and fuse, didn't come with instructions but its pretty explanatory of which wire goes where. The switch is wired to the ignition power (not the constant power).

Heres a before pic of my mk3 Jetta with the OEM bumper grill

Since this part isn't OEM German part, minor modification needed to be done to the fog light housing in order to fit in. After all the work, this is how the outcome came up to, looks pretty cool add-on to my vehicle IMO.

41 - 60 of 289 Posts