Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
My '98 Jetta K2 just started doing this a month ago. Temp gauge will read normal then drop off to nothing. Never does heat up though. Had this car for 6 years and never had this problem. I'm changing out the thermostat today. I'll post up the results.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got done changing out the thermostat, refilled the anti-freeze and still blowing cold air. Buddy said it probably had an air bubble. Couldn't get it out just idling in the driveway. Fluid still showed full. Drove 5 miles and the overheat light came on. Got home and saw no fluid. Let it cool, topped it off and got some heat. Drove it 2 miles and the heat kicked in. Checked the fluid level again and it's just below min. Going to let it cool off, top it off and I'm good to go. Not the easiest job changing that out, but it solved the problem. If anyone needs some tips to change it out, hit me up. Next time it won't be as hard. Heat is Sweet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.