Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.. Im new to the forum and the jetta world.

Can anyone give me a pointer on how to take off my front bumper.. its a mk1 jetta.

I had a poke around the engine bay but can't really see where to start.

Sorry I'm new :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, here goes. Disconect the turn signals in the bumper. There are 4 bolts, two on each side. If I remember it is easier to take out the battery to get to the one on the driver side.
I would tell you the sizes if I was home. It's not hard, just a pain. Sorry. When I get home in a week I'll check on removing one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I found them after a little looking, the right side is hidden deep beside the tray.. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, did you get your bumper off? if so, what was the size of the bolts? Did you have to take the battery off on that size. I will be facing the same situation soon? Did you have the hangers(if that is what they are called) that are on each size to support the wrap around ends of the bumper. Lost one in a finder bender. Thinks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I found them after a little looking, the right side is hidden deep beside the tray.. Thanks again!
I'm repeating this question since I don't know if it went directly to you......

Hi, did you get your bumper off? if so, what was the size of the bolts? Did you have to take the battery off on that size. I will be facing the same situation soon? Did you have the hangers(if that is what they are called) that are on each size to support the wrap around ends of the bumper. Lost one in a finder bender. Thinks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They are 19mm or 3/4 its best to use a wrench to break them loose and then use small 3/8 ratchet with 19mm.. i just did this on my jetta to install my euro bumpers.. very simple..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts