Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

I was in a wreck about 6 weeks ago and was not liable at all. But... my '14 jetta s got totaled so I went out and got the GLI. It is a WORLD of difference and I am going to try and improve it even further. I am looking to simply get recommendations for mod ideas. Let me know if you would do these mods in another order or not. I am getting everything professionally installed. They are going to quote me a total price and let me chip away at the parts. I am not looking for: a low car, a loud car, I do not plan on doing many cosmetic changes and only plan on this still being my daily driver. Just want it to be a fun one :D Also I am suing the guy who hit me so I am not to worried about the money. I did not include a few things like brakes and such those will get upgraded when OEM is warring down. Also for the coil overs I would like something I can adjust easily for winter and summer.

Parts in current upgrade order
- Short throw shifter (Neuspeed) - asap
- LSD (Wavetrac) - summer 2016
- Intake (unknown) - summer 2016
- Clutch (Uknown) - summer 2016
- Coilovers (Bilstein PSS10) - spring 2017
- Sway bar (Neuspeed) - spring 2017
- stage 2 tune (Unknown) - spring 2017
- Downpipe (SPM) - spring 2017
- Catback Exhaust (Unitronics 3") - spring 2017
- Turbo (KO4 most likely) - spring/summer 2017
- KO4 software
- KO4 HI-FLO turbo Discharge (neuspeed)
- Michelin pilot sports 2016 fall

looking to stay around 8 to 10k in parts not labor.
Please any recommendations on brands and parts just let me know. I am pretty new to the tuning world so anything will help!

Thanks in advance,
@jliveeasy

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
I'd move the lsd to the bottom of the list unless you absolutely need a new clutch at the same time, you really won't need an lad until you get to the higher hp range and at that point you may need a better clutch and then you'll be able to save some cashola

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
I'd do turbo then lsd and clutch together since the trans has to come out for both

What parts are you looking for brands for?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ones labeled as unknown please or well actually even the ones i have branded if you think of a better brand or have other options i can pick let me know

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
for exhaust I'd go 42 Draft Design, they have quality products made from quality materials, great guys over there, as far as tune I'd wait till you go K04 and I'd look into Unitronics, APR is out there but they seem to be going down as far as quality wise

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it a bad idea to want to lift my car as well? mostly i want to lift it for the winter is there a coilover kit that can work with a lift kit also?

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
lifting the car has been done before, you can lift it with a coilover kit but the lift will be minor

·
Registered
341 Posts
im on stg2 apr with usp catless 3"dp, nuespeed intake, spulen hi flo discharge pipe, and currently testing neuspeed power module as well, coilovers,wheels and other wack stuff lol, and theres no such thing as ko4 anything on gen 3 cars yet.....guess not enough demand yet

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im on stg2 apr with usp catless 3"dp, nuespeed intake, spulen hi flo discharge pipe, and currently testing neuspeed power module as well, coilovers,wheels and other wack stuff lol, and theres no such thing as ko4 anything on gen 3 cars yet.....guess not enough demand yet
So is there any turbos available?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts