Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so I was wondering if you guys have seen the new jetta r-gt's they are ****ing badass. like they are putting out 550 horses[woo]. Also the new concept jetta is running a v6 twin turbo [wtf].

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its a ****ing beautiful car. to bad its only concept though, and the car is gonna cost hella. but have you seen the paint job on the car?? its sick

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your on crack, those lines are sick. they fade from far away but up close they appear. and I want volkswagon to stop putting that gay plastic crap on the engine. sure it may make the engine look cleaner, but its a hassle to fix the engine when its on.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Did VW do another RGT concept? The last one I saw was in 2006.

It would be fantastic if they even put a 360 BHP version into production. That would give the EVO and WRX a run for the money.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
lol it would destroy the new evo and sti... They're just a tad over 300. However, mitsu's active yaw is second to none IMO, so it'll probly be outhandled...

·
Registered
392 Posts
mitsu's active yaw is second to none IMO, so it'll probly be outhandled...
LOL, I do believe you're right. I bought my wife an 08 Lancer GTS and that thing will make your a$$ pucker through the twisties. Simply amazing...I can't imagine what the all wheel drive EVO can do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did VW do another RGT concept? The last one I saw was in 2006.

It would be fantastic if they even put a 360 BHP version into production. That would give the EVO and WRX a run for the money.

no, but they finally finished the car. it makes the evo and sti look like kiddie toys, but the 0-60 is slower in the jetta.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
lancer is good just like it is way to expensive. the sti awd is way better and lets face it, they look cooler.

Lancer vs STI... yes

Evo vs STI... No way lol

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
no, sti owns the evo. evo isnt putting out much more hp than the sti. all around the sti is a better deal. and it more like lancer vs. wrx.......yes, haha

Oh man... Don't get me started lol

Evo > STI all day long.

Evo has gear type differentials, active yaw control, easier and cheaper to modify than the STI, cheaper price tag in general, front mounted intercooler, and hey, lets not forget... Mitsu supplies the turbos for Subaru, and the STI's make almost the same horsepower with another HALF a liter of engine displacement. Thats like having Hellen Keller and Michael Phelps compete in swimming. It's just retarded that they're in the same class/competetion together. Bore and stroke the Evo to 2.5L and THEN compete.

Just for reference... The STI has (maybe not the new ones) viscous differentials that need fluid changes every 15K miles, no yaw control, very expensive to modify, stock top mounted intercooler which is practically useless, and is about 2x uglier.. IMO ofcourse. The only thing the STI has over the Evo is the stiffness of the suspension and the lesser body roll around corners.

Ok... I'm done now lol.

Oh and I dont think the lancer stands a chance against a WRX... less power and FWD with the lancer. Shittier seats too lol.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Oh man... Don't get me started lol

Evo > STI all day long.

Evo has gear type differentials, active yaw control, easier and cheaper to modify than the STI, cheaper price tag in general, front mounted intercooler, and hey, lets not forget... Mitsu supplies the turbos for Subaru, and the STI's make almost the same horsepower with another HALF a liter of engine displacement. Thats like having Hellen Keller and Michael Phelps compete in swimming. It's just retarded that they're in the same class/competetion together. Bore and stroke the Evo to 2.5L and THEN compete.

Just for reference... The STI has (maybe not the new ones) viscous differentials that need fluid changes every 15K miles, no yaw control, very expensive to modify, stock top mounted intercooler which is practically useless, and is about 2x uglier.. IMO ofcourse. The only thing the STI has over the Evo is the stiffness of the suspension and the lesser body roll around corners.

Ok... I'm done now lol.

Oh and I dont think the lancer stands a chance against a WRX... less power and FWD with the lancer. Shittier seats too lol.
Keep the thread on topic, gentlemen... :knuppel2:

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Oaap... My bad lol.

Whats the jetta in that video?? Looked AWD and sounded good... But they didn't even do a take off. Laaaame.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Oaap... My bad lol.

Whats the jetta in that video?? Looked AWD and sounded good... But they didn't even do a take off. Laaaame.
That would be the r-gt. Twin turbo oooo. They made a passat r-gt as well.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
What are the specs? Engine size, power, etc?

Is this in America??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts