Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Luv2Motor
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to the Jetta family - my parents just bought a used '02 GLS sedan. I bought an '03 sport wagon. I luv it! In fact, everyone I have talked to who has or has had a V Dub doesn't like them - they LUV them. It's great. I am in the process of personalizing it, so I hope to have more photos in the future.

Attachments

· Luv2Motor
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Storage space - my work vehicle is a pick up truck, and I traded in a van for the jetta. It's a heck of a lot lighter than either one of them, and it has leather interior, all the luxury bells and whistles, and a lot more fun to drive!

· Registered
11 Posts
Hey L2M, don't let anyone knock your Jetta wagon. I'm a drummer who loves sports cars, so my '02 Jetta VR6 wagon is my 'sports car with luggage space.' It is also quite possibly the best car I have ever owned and with 24 cars in my history, that's saying something. Enjoy it.

· not your typical air ride
7,211 Posts
Re: why

dude why would you get a jetta sports wagon? they are manly really bad because they weight more than the regular jetta's.
Because jetwags are the best things the IV gen have to offer! Im so glad someone got a wagen. Points to you man such a sick car. were you lucky enough to snag one with a vr? Slam that thing on some coils PRONTO. Should be the first thing you do next to stretchin and spacing.

· Registered
11 Posts
Lov2motor didn't mention which engine his wagon has. I have the 12 valve VR6 with the 5 spd. & love it! Wouldn't mind a little better brakes & a slight handling improvement. Nothing drastic, just slotted discs, ceramic pads, stiffer struts & shocks, a nice exhaust & maybe a chip & some ground effects.

I've planned to do this as parts needed replacement, but so far that hasn't happened. It has 98k miles & the only thing I've replaced is rear pads. I rotated the tires last month & the original front pads still have some meat & there is no disc scoring. Struts & shocks are original & fine. All I've done is put tires on it.

All the best,
Philip

· not your typical air ride
7,211 Posts
i want a jetwag as a DD so bad. But knowing me id slam it and it would end up becoming as much of a hastle as my weekend car ha. VW cur(s)e, you decide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.