Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well, I figured I would go ahead and make one of these! I'm Justin for those of you who didn't get that part, I'm 21, and I have a 1994 Jetta GLS with 148k miles, standard trans. This is my second Volkswagen, and will not be my last!

Here's what she started out looking like..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I textured my front bumper, painted my front fenders, and grille flat white. I will do the hood sometime this week I hope. And to top it off, I got my wife a 1996 Jetta GL. It has 190k on the body, with 42k on the motor and trans, with 14" Votex wheels, new tires, Flowmaster knock off, and 20% window tint all around, with a small brow. Pioneer HU, 10" Alpine Type-E subs, and a 620w Kole Audio amp.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have an update for you guys.. I got a Votex roof rack, with bike rack, end caps, rubber feet, four keys, and tool for $50. Also got a new grille with VW emblem, new corner lights (ditched the black ones), new turn signals, ONE dummy light, random motor parts, and finally found a CUP HOLDER! All for $40 while meeting a pretty cool local dubber. (He has a MK3 Golf).

And yeah, as you can tell.. I still haven't finished painting the car.

Painted my wife's Jetta wheels matte purple along with the VW emblems front, and back. Shaved her antenna, and removed the "Jetta" and "GL" from the trunk.

ALSO, just to top it all off.. I bought a 1995 Jetta for $100, that needs a new starter.. (from the same cool local dubber)

·
Registered
984 Posts
whats next with this one of a kind mk3 jetta?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm ordering my Rokkors this coming week, and soon enough getting rid of the Sportmaxx 002's for some Borbet Type-A reps. I changed my mind with the paint job, but it will be a surprise until it's finished. I got my euro plate on, and bought another Jetta, and might have a TDI swap on the way if the deal doesn't fall through. Here's some pictures..

Here's some with all four of the MK3's, out in the backyard..

(Above) from left to right; 94 GLS, 95 City, 96 GL, 97 GLS.

(Above) from left to right; 97 GLS, 96 GL, 95 City, 94 GLS.

Edit: sorry about the big images, I resized them but somehow photobucket is screwing with me.

·
Registered
984 Posts
oooooh nice pictures, you must be a photographer. only if there's regular meets like that for the locals around here.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
4 cars?! Props to you man. GL with the build(s).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, no VR6's. I'll be happy enough if I can get a hold of the TDI to put in my 94. There's a guy down the street with a black VR6, and he has nothing but problems weekly, and I haven't had any except the power locks not working in the 96 GL, and the window regulator on the 97 GLS. I'm pretty pleased with them so far, haha.

·
Registered
27 Posts
nice man great work keep it up. i have 97 jetta love mk3 and i got a project mk2 im trying to get out of im not intrested in it any more nor got time for it but it runs and is inspected. keep us updated

·
Registered
984 Posts
what are the spring rate of the rokkors, front and rear?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what are the spring rate of the rokkors, front and rear?
380 front, 300 rear.

since you have four of these things, are you willing to donate to someone that needs another car?
I would but my parents are going through some very rough times, so they are temporarily using the all white 96 City, and the green 97 GLS.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts