Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my car has been sitting in the rain, when I open the trunk, water runs from inbetween the truck lid skins, and drips into the truck. It's not tail lights leaking, it seems to be the trunk lid itself. The rubber seal is good. Could it be leaking in from the logo on the trunk lid? I've siliconed everything I can reach!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bringing an old thread back to life. My 2010 jetta has the same problem, sitting or driving in the rain dose not mater. (reverse lights are full of condensation too) please help.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Bringing an old thread back to life. My 2010 jetta has the same problem, sitting or driving in the rain dose not mater. (reverse lights are full of condensation too) please help.
Thank you for searching and not making a new thread. Seeing as its a 2010 is it under warranty? Thats really new to be having an issue like that

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
I'm actually in the same boat with my mk4 I have no clue where the waters coming in

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I'm actually in the same boat with my mk4 I have no clue where the waters coming in

Where are you finding the water at? More towarda the back by the rear seats, OR in the trunk lid... Where is the dampness the worst?

Sent from däs KööLWHHIP container

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
Where are you finding the water at? More towarda the back by the rear seats, OR in the trunk lid... Where is the dampness the worst?

Sent from däs KööLWHHIP container
It's in the trunk lid when I open it up I can see it poor out of where my trunk liner is

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing but its nice and tight and a lot of water to get in from the emblem but I'm not to worried right now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for searching and not making a new thread. Seeing as its a 2010 is it under warranty? Thats really new to be having an issue like that

Ya all kinds of warranty left, but the stealership has been giving me the runaround because of the warranty. They have seen the water in the trunk down by the spare, and the condensation in the reverse lights, they just cant find where the water is getting in. I think its the reverse lights because when I pop the trunk all kinds of water poors out from behind the trunk liner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts