Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Looking to buy 2004 2.5

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TomoyoSoup 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking to buy a car and went to the local VW dealer that sold my wife and I our used Dodge mini van. They want to sell me a 2005 Jetta 2.5, 5 speed manual with 112,000 miles on it. The body looks new, the seats do not look warn, but the paint is coming off the radio buttons. I have not test drove it, but my mechanic's say not to buy because after 100K is when things break.
Any Jetta 2.5 owners with more miles that could help me with this. I realy like this car, but have never owned a VW before. I want to make sure that I get a good reliable car for driving to and from work.
What problems have happend to you after 100K miles
How many miles do you have on yours?
Is the car still dependable?

Looking forward to your insite.
Todd

#2 ·
I am looking to buy a car and went to the local VW dealer that sold my wife and I our used Dodge mini van. They want to sell me a 2004 Jetta 2.5, 5 speed manual with 112,000 miles on it. The body looks new, the seats do not look warn, but the paint is coming off the radio buttons. I have not test drove it, but my mechanic's say not to buy because after 100K is when things break.
Any Jetta 2.5 owners with more miles that could help me with this. I realy like this car, but have never owned a VW before. I want to make sure that I get a good reliable car for driving to and from work.
What problems have happend to you after 100K miles
How many miles do you have on yours?
Is the car still dependable?

Looking forward to your insite.
Todd
2004 Jettas do not come with a 2.5l engine. Id do some more research before car shopping.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I have the 2.5 but only 55,000 miles. Cars don't typically break down when you hit a certain Mileage as I'm sure you know. Then again, the American automotive companies might prove me wrong. I'd drive it to your mechanic for him to look at, and/or maybe get a second mechanic's opinion. I might catch crap for this, but each car company offers something different. If your priority is dependability, then you would be looking at Toyota or Subaru. But there is a reason we are all part of this Jetta group, we love our cars. Yes VW's are reliable, and less expensive to maintain than in the past. Jetta is stylish, and has a dedicated following. Not to mention how safe they are, and that's all the motivation I needed. I love my mkv Jetta!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.