Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with the option of doing lowering springs to give my MKV a more aggressive look. Do they look good and work well. The products say a more aggressive look, better performance, and better mpg. it this stuff true. options would be nice thanks

·
GLI Newb
4,206 Posts
I've been toying with the option of doing lowering springs to give my MKV a more aggressive look. Do they look good and work well. The products say a more aggressive look, better performance, and better mpg. it this stuff true. options would be nice thanks
I have no idea what so ever how lowering springs net you more mpgs so I would say no to that one. If I were you I'd look into coilovers first. Its nice to have the adjustability. Once you lower it a little you'll want to lower it a lot.

Sent from my Phablet AKA Samsung Galaxy Note 4G LTE via the dark side.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have no idea what so ever how lowering springs net you more mpgs so I would say no to that one. If I were you I'd look into coilovers first. Its nice to have the adjustability. Once you lower it a little you'll want to lower it a lot.

Sent from my Phablet AKA Samsung Galaxy Note 4G LTE via the dark side.
X2 save yourself the time and money and just do coilovers. You will be happier you did in the long run.

·
Registered
37 Posts
do coilovers, hands down all the way. can go up in the winter and slam it in the summer. might get better performance depending what you get. dont think you're going to get better fuel milage though

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys i was leaning towards coilovers anyways so that's good. I thought the mpg thing was ridiculous

·
Registered
226 Posts
i could see that, if its lowering the coefficient of drag. but i don't know if lowering a car changes that, or by how much. i don't imagine it changes the cd a measurable amount, unless you end up with your lip a hair off the ground.

before i bought springs, i decided i didn't want coilovers because i wasn't planning on going very low. but now i wish i'd gotten coilovers just to be able to fine tune the ride height.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lower? Definitely
Just springs... No. Mine lowered uneven once they settled. I bought the eibach proline and the rear right is half an inch lower than the rest. And noticeable too. I'd replace with coilover but do have money for it. Plus made it a **** ride. Everything rattles when I hit bumps(not potholes) in the road

·
Registered
531 Posts
I also upgraded with the Eibach springs. No complaints!!! Of course the ride is worse because they are "racing" springs. The one thing I would do if you do springs is do the sway bars too. Made a 100% difference in the ride and handling

·
i hate you
413 Posts
spring don't get you an "aggressive" look. i think they give you a "sporty" look. if that makes any sense to you. :confused:

·
Registered
226 Posts
well. . . . in the car world, aggressive used to mean sporty, racy, meant to go fast. i wouldn't call dragging oil pan "aggressive", unless you qualified it, maybe "aggressively low". i don't think anyone sees an aired out dub and thinks "wow that looks like it would really hussle around a race track."

but that's just arguing over slang, kinda pointless, right?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks, I would upload more but the only ones I have are like 2000 by 1600 so they won't upload! :(

·
Registered
531 Posts
Oh well. What am I sending to him? Just a few pics or what? Sorry I'm a bit new to this lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts