Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy got a little gung ho and decided to put together a DIY intake on my MK4 Jetta. We thought it turned out pretty well. Sounds much better, and apparently my DV is out (couldn't hear it with the stock box).

-3" Intake Pipe
-4" 3.5" 3" Spectre Cone Filter
-Appropriate couplers and such
-SAI Breather Filter
-Appropriate fittings (home depot score with some brainstorming)
all in all ended up costing just about $100 and I'm pretty happy with it.

Let me know what you guys think! It is currently held in place with a zip tie, so I'm aware that looks like garbage, but it's temporary until I figure out a mounting solution.

Thanks for looking!

https://imgur.com/a/MpyBn

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks good......what type of metal is the intake tube made out of? If it's aluminum I would bolt an aluminum strap to where the original filter box goes (near the strut tower).....and then have a shop weld the other end of the aluminum strap to the bottom side of the intake tube to give it some stability.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good......what type of metal is the intake tube made out of? If it's aluminum I would bolt an aluminum strap to where the original filter box goes (near the strut tower).....and then have a shop weld the other end of the aluminum strap to the bottom side of the intake tube to give it some stability.
It's 3" aluminum, that's a super good idea! I will definitely hit up the shop I go to and see if they're able to take care of that for me. Appreciate the pointer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.