Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never really planed to make build thread for this car since I have never wanted to be a show or heavily modded car so didn't really see the point. My vision was to make a nice daily driver. Thanks to encouragement from fellow dubber and a member of this forums (thanks Colin for all the kind words) finally decided to create blog/journal of my everyday joys and issues with MK4 GLI. Here she is. Blurry sneak peak - more to come. Be patient ;)...

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
05 MK4 VW Jetta GLI. Mod list:
# 42 DD 3" catless downpipe, stock muffler+tip to keep it quiet
# swiss cheese mod with drop in K&N air filter
# stage 2 unitronic software
# H&R Street Performance Coil Over kit
# H&R 8mm spacers up front and ECStuning 18mm spacers in the back
# Rolled front fenders [courtesy of FIZZ Autosports]
# DEPO E coded headlights, DRL delete + Euroswitch
# Clear sidemarkers
# White LED interior lighting + license plate
# VW Sharan stubby antenna
# Votex roof rack
# German License Plate
# Array of sickers

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In all it's glory

It's lower since then... will post newer pic when I give it a bath. It's "Filthiest" now :eek:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Future plans:

# wheels - pretty much set on CCW but will see depending on the funds; fully polished 18"

Photoshop

# New 2 DIN head unit; thinking about OEM conversion Monsoon to this

# maybe Remus or Supersprint (still have connections in EU :cool:) but it's BIG MAYBE [don't like it too loud];
# maybe HID retrofits;
# full respray, same color BMP FTW;
# down the road maybe Big Turbo and all the goodies after my K03s craps out (it'll take long time since I have like 54K on the odo and it's religiously maintained);
# also thought about bagging it;
# also dreaming about R32 drive train conversion (4x4) = $$$$$$$$$$$

I'll see as I go...

·
imaboss
313 Posts
sweet jesus that is low 0_0 mines stock and i almost rip the front off around here how do you do it? wish my gli looked that nice good looking car man love the r32 idea ive been wanting to do the same or... now heres a radical idea maybe a full rally version jetta 0_0?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Car looks great man!
Thank you!

sweet jesus that is low 0_0 mines stock and i almost rip the front off around here how do you do it? wish my gli looked that nice good looking car man love the r32 idea ive been wanting to do the same or... now heres a radical idea maybe a full rally version jetta 0_0?
Thank you good sir! Gotta roll with "LOW&SLOW" motto and be careful - that's the only way. R32 drive train conversion would be **** but big $$$ and tons of work. I know a shop that completed swap like that on mk2 - mk4 1.8t engine + mk4 R32 drive train = monster. So it's doable especially if I have mk4 as well. I most likely never do it. Like I said I had dreams about it...

·
MKIV Scene ******
502 Posts
I dont know, or care if you were the first to put the german colors on your bumper like that, but i definitely like it on the all black GLI. Definitely feelin the whip in general. **** dreams, make that R32 conversion a reality. I will sell my golf to help fund it if i can drive it a couple times :pppp

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
So I guess I'm not the only one that's dreamt of a r32 drivetrain dang it!

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I ever do it it'll be long time from now. It has only 54k miles on the odo and have no problems with it at all. If the turbo/engine craps out in the future I'll start thinking about the swap I promise.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I got this in the mail today...

It'll gonna go on the passenger side windshield along the A-Pillar. My question is: how it'll look better - the letter "V" by the hood or by the roof? PM me your vote.

Not too many votes... I guess no dub love for me. Thanks to everyone voted. You'll see the results soon.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
About 21.5 inch long. I sent it back cause I realized it was to be applied on the outside - it would get damaged by the wipers. I'm getting internal application one.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts