MK2
Shaved Big Bumper
Single Wiper Arm Conversion
LED Turn Signals In Mirror

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Badass idea Vicky! Lookin good.

When I get that headlight restoration DIY done ya want me to email it to you or something to put it on here?

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts

When I get that headlight restoration DIY done ya want me to email it to you or something to put it on here?
yeah that one needs to make it. im betting you do it the same way i do but just in case you have a better method id like a good read.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Yeah absolutely man, I'll send ya a copy if you want too.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Yeah I thought this section of the forum was a little crowded with stickies so I figured I'd clean it up a bit. Go ahead and post it in it's own thread, then just PM me or message me a link to it and I'll get it up here.

I'm also excited for this DIY, it should take care of a lot of questions the n00bz have!

I'm gonna be doing my tstat next week and plan on writing a DIY for it, so be expecting that one aswell.

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts
Yeah absolutely man, I'll send ya a copy if you want too.
my lights are beauts right now i just recently cleaned em so ill just wit for you to post up. just curious to see if you got a diff method.

Yeah I thought this section of the forum was a little crowded with stickies so I figured I'd clean it up a bit. Go ahead and post it in it's own thread, then just PM me or message me a link to it and I'll get it up here.

I'm also excited for this DIY, it should take care of a lot of questions the n00bz have!

I'm gonna be doing my tstat next week and plan on writing a DIY for it, so be expecting that one aswell.
Theres a good tstat DIY on the tex but if you snap some pics while you do yours itd be nice for someone out there ha

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my lights are beauts right now i just recently cleaned em so ill just wit for you to post up. just curious to see if you got a diff method.

Theres a good tstat DIY on the tex but if you snap some pics while you do yours itd be nice for someone out there ha
They've basically got all of these DIY's on Vortex, but it'd be nice to not have to direct JJ users to another site for some help, ya know?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ya, and the more information there is out there on the web, done by the more people form different views. The better chance some one has of finding their answer.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well I suck at life and didn't make a DIY for the tstat housing replacement. It took about 2 hours, and I started on Wednesday, it was supposed to rain so I wanted to get as much done as possible before it started raining. So that meant no time for pics :(

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Updated today with seamfoam and painting DIY's! Nice to see this list getting bigger :)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Well I suck at life and didn't make a DIY for the tstat housing replacement. It took about 2.5 hours, and I started on Wednesday, it was supposed to rain so I wanted to get as much done as possible before it started raining. So that meant no time for pics :(

haha did the same thing. Replaced my t-stat past weekend while drinking beer, a lot of beer, soooo i forgot to take pics lol
I managed to drain my hole coolant reservoir on the ground haha I suck at life too i guess lol

back to the topic, would anybody like a DIY on aftermarket amp + subs install on mkivs?

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go for it, I'm sure it'll help out a lot around here. I see threads about that kinda stuff all the time but I'm not big on the electrical stuff.

·
Registered
370 Posts
This is turning out to be real nice. i would like to see some electrical stuff to!!!

·
Fukenmüven
1,014 Posts

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
Woops sorry, I guess I didnt catch it. I'll add it to the list! thanks for the contribution.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Updated with Eric's TIP install and seperated them by engine/mechanical and cosmetic mods for ease.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Eric, I've been meaning to do a few aswell, hopefully I can get around to it when I go on my maternity leave since it's warmer out now haha.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts