Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided it was time to make one of these for myself. I've been here for a few months and haven't really posted much but I'd like to start contributing more and hopefully you guys can contribute a little to me in return :)

White 1995 Jetta GLX VR6
5 speed manual transmission
70,000 miles

Mods done:
Kenwood USB headunit

On the way:
Europlate

Future Mods:
Coilovers
Replace front speakers
Subwoofer
Stubby antenna
MKIV knob and boot
Replace side markers (? Can't decide what I should do here)
Paint rubstrips black (Still deciding)
Short Ram Intake
Turbo (probably won't happen but I would love to :))
Exhaust
Will add later when I think of more

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I like it! Very clean, haven't seen many white Jettas before, let alone white Mk3s. I think your car would look rocking with black rub strips. I just did mine not too long ago, turned out really nice.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it! Very clean, haven't seen many white Jettas before, let alone white Mk3s. I think your car would look rocking with black rub strips. I just did mine not too long ago, turned out really nice.
Thank you! I'm glad you said that, I've been debating the rub strips, I kinda want to paint them but I'm afraid they won't turn out the way I want them.

Very clean and low miles haha. I have a 97 mk3 jetta glx vr6
I know, I was a little unsure when I first read the mileage at the dealership. VR6 is the way to go! O0

·
125whp/125wtrq
2,077 Posts
you have a very clean car i like it. you cant go wrong with black rub strips i did it my self but i think that to many white jettas are doing the black accents, but i have no idea what other color to do. instead of doin the flat black or textured maybe go with a glossy finish to match the rest of the cars shine i haven't seen that before.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you have a very clean car i like it. you cant go wrong with black rub strips i did it my self but i think that to many white jettas are doing the black accents, but i have no idea what other color to do. instead of doin the flat black or textured maybe go with a glossy finish to match the rest of the cars shine i haven't seen that before.
Thanks, but it's not actually as clean as the picture makes it look (Not saying it's shitty, it was extremely well taken care of before I got it a couple months ago). But if you look really close at the front end you can see that the owner before me had a bra on it and it's much cleaner and brighter at that spot. I'm actually taking the car to my uncle to buff it for me. He details cars for a living, so I'm hoping that will really clean it up to make it look really nice. I agree though, with a white Jetta, my choices are limited to either black or leave it the way it is. There's not much else that will even look remotely good. I'll keep the gloss black idea in mind, I like the gloss look in general, so it's a possibility.

·
Registered
398 Posts
the color would turn out a bit darker too, like the bottom of your bumpers. Try darkening your rubs a bit in photoshop. It might surprise you :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the color would turn out a bit darker too, like the bottom of your bumpers. Try darkening your rubs a bit in photoshop. It might surprise you :)
Yeah, I realize I did it a little to light, i redid it in photoshop and it looks better. If I do decide to do it, it probably won't be for a while, sadly. The next thing on my agenda is painting the brake calipers, since I just got my wisdom teeth out and am taking a few days off from driving.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Little update:

It's been a while since I've posted anything in here but I have few little things that I've been doing recently that I wanted to mention. I seafoamed her on Monday. If you haven't done that yet I HIGHLY recommend it. Car feels great, I've already noticed an increase in responsiveness and I tried to run the tank empty to clear out the seafoam and it took FOREVER hahaha. I think there's going to be a nice increase in gas mileage, can't confirm that yet but I'll keep watching out for it. Getting my oil changed tomorrow, and I put 92 octane in for my first refill after seafoam, probably won't be doing that again because it cost me an arm and a leg haha.

I'm taking it to the track on Friday so I'm trying to get it ready this week, hopefully all my efforts will pay off with a little better performance lol. If anyone is interested I'll post my times from the track when I get back. I'm hoping my stock VR6 can beat my friend's Integra GSR, I think he has a B18c with a couple of performance mods done. Should be a close one haha, but his car is older and has about 50k more miles on it, and it's having engine problems so I'm crossing my fingers.

I ordered new foglights for it because one of mine is hopeless, and the other one has a cracked lens. Getting those installed next Friday hopefully.

Also, I got my Europlate today!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More updates

Put a SRI on her today, sounds really nice. I also took off the fabric stuff under the hood. I think that was a sound depressant of some sort, unless someone here knows any other reason for the carpeting attached to the bottom of the hood being there. The car sounds really mean at higher RPMs, and I'm liking it. Pics of the engine bay tomorrow.

Anyway, I was out with a friend and found a great spot to take some pictures. His is the Integra.

And one more that a few of you will like :)

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
she looks nice, still havnt dropped her? was up wit the integra, looks ok..here is my cuzo's honda, lol...we hang out once in a blue now..i think he feels some type a away since i got mine, dont know..lol thats when the rims where 17's not dropped ...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 - 20 of 140 Posts