Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new here, I have a 1984 diesel jetta, I just replaced the injection pump and retimed it, then when I went to start it the wire to the injection pump melted, I replaced the solenoid on the pump and the wire and the wire melted again, I even used a heavier gauge wire, I took the dash off and the red wire that goes from the ignition switch and that wire gets hot but it doesnt melt, I'm lost and dont know what to even check and I'm too stubborn to take it to someone, any help please?

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
Id be sure to check your wiring, may still be relay related ....If I remember correctly the stop solenoid on the top of the pump, powered by a single wire held on by a 6 or 8mm nut. It should be a 12v supply if that's the wire you're reffering to. If its burnt back to the key switch your key switch may be faulty cause there's definately a draw somewheres...chase some wires is all I can say, make sure all grounds are clean and tight too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the wire its burnt all the way from the stop solenoid to the relay, but nothing else out of the fuse panel is hot or melted, I can pull both relays on the other side of the plug and it still melts when I turn the key on, the only time it doesn't melt is when I disconnect that wire or pull the whole connector that the wire is bunched up with

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
Atleast ya found the problem, all that matters

1 - 5 of 5 Posts