Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
You're looking at the official n00b guide for the MK3 section.
**This is a work in progress** Myself, along with all the other moderators will be adding info to this thread periodically, and if you feel something isn't here that should be, please PM me.

All you need to know about:
ABA head conversions and Info Curious about head swaps or going from an 8v to 16v? Here's some helpful info.
Exhaust Systems Want to figure out which exhaust system is best for your engine? Or how about just listening to some different set ups?
Head and tail lights Looking for different light setups, or just want to know what a "Joey mod" is?
Fuse List Need to find out which fuse is which? This will tell you.
Suspension All you need to know about upgrading
Wheel and Tire fitment Fitment questions? Need to know was "ET" is?
http://brokevw.com/ Everything you need on rebuilding, installing lsd, ect. on an o2o trans
http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/campingart/jettatech/alarmcentralhelp/alarmhelp2.htm - alarm troubleshooting and disabling.

Have questions about bolt on mods? Refer to your designated engine's thread.
2.0L Bolt on mods

Some helpful links:
Master Do-It Yourself List
Official List of VW Part Sites
Retailer Reputation Thread
Buyer's Checklist
Dan's VW Page
http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/volkswagen/-vw specific obdII code list
Bentley MKIII Manual.pdf
Ultimate Guide to Going Low

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello everyone. i never really checked this before
This DIY section is really about to be my new best friend.lol

Thanks to everyone who shared knowledge. Ill be sure to do the same

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, from another new Jetta owner, and forum member.
The only suggestion I'd make would be for the addition of a general troubleshooting section. One that's broken up into engine, driveline, electrical, cooling, etc..

Parts and electrical schematics would be nice as well.

Never knew the Jetta was such a popular car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, from another new Jetta owner, and forum member.
The only suggestion I'd make would be for the addition of a general troubleshooting section. One that's broken up into engine, driveline, electrical, cooling, etc..

Parts and electrical schematics would be nice as well.

Never knew the Jetta was such a popular car.
You will get better solutions for all your queries in the service manual along with the schematics. You get it downloaded online or contact your dealer. That will be a better and perfect solution for the problems.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You will get better solutions for all your queries in the service manual along with the schematics. You get it downloaded online or contact your dealer. That will be a better and perfect solution for the problems.
Unfortunately, finding the service manual online (and free) is a lot like tracking down El Dorado - links are either dead or pointing to pay sites. You would've thought with so many MK3 Jetta owners, SOMEONE would've uploaded the Bently manual by now without having us all jump through hoops.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello everyone. im another noob to the site and i just bought my first volkswagen. i have alot of hopes dreams and plans for my car. first is exhaust. i have a 97 jetta glx 2.8 VR6. im having some trouble deciding on, and finding a new exhaust system. can i get some suggestions? i have about $500 to spend. p.s. i love this site and i am very impressed with all the good info it has to offer. thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everybody! This site is awesome and has provided much help for me & my MK3. I'm From Seattle and was wondering if there is anyone else up here that knows of a good mechanic shop. There are some things I don't have the time or tools to do on my own. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys... anyone know if i can install a ecu on my 1995 1.8L jetta CSX?
THANKS to everyone that contributed to this awesome site... trully become a saviour

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
this is completely off topic but i started a new thread twice and it never posted either time.....it said thank you for your thread yada yada and redirected me but i cant see it anywhere. anyone know why? my thread title is vw noob with questions

·
blah blah blah, blah blah
363 Posts
this is completely off topic but i started a new thread twice and it never posted either time.....it said thank you for your thread yada yada and redirected me but i cant see it anywhere. anyone know why? my thread title is vw noob with questions
it was in moderation, your thread has been approved and is visible now.

·
MKIV Scene ******
502 Posts
The Bentley manual link no longer works. Anybody know where to find another one? I would love to go print it out on my schools dime. hahaha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey there guys...Just got my first jetta, a 96 trek edition...I needed a car b/c my first born is almost home and my '87 1k huricane won't carry a car seat!!!!!Why the jetta? Well, I traded a sandrail for it...It has a rebuilt engine, a/c works nicely anx it runs pretty good...I'm thinking of doing some nice things to it like a tranny swap, 16v conversion, or a vr swap with manual tranny...Was actually wonderin what would be fastest to complete? I'm very mechanically inclined and have access to the shop I work with...Thanks and hope to be enjoying the site more...:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts