Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys great site. I love how VDubbers come together. I'm looking for a jetta mk3 roller chassis want a vr6 but anything will do. I'm hoping for something in Tx. With a title. Also looking for a 1997 vr6 wire harness, if there are no differences between mk3s hit me up please. This is not my first rodeo I have had vdubs before and there is no comparison between any other cars in their class. Thanks a lot fellow jetta junkies. Feel free to email me any answers at [email protected].

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi everyone, I'm new to the site and I have a short story. I just bought a Mk III Jetta and shortly after registering it with DMV, I was driving around the block in Portland, OR when the motor started to stumble and ultimately died. I was able to get it to a safe spot on the shoulder and eventually the friend I bought it from drove in with his tow truck and towed me 70 miles or so to his place in Washington. It starts and idles fine, the trouble starts when the accelerator is depressed too quickly. A passerby said he could smell fuel when I was experiencing the trouble and trying to get it to a safe place to park. I'll be searching the forums and any help will be greatly appreciated. Off the top, we're thinking fuel filter or fuel pump. Thank you in advance, Eric edit: sorry it looks like this belongs under a different thread

·
Super Moderator
13,678 Posts
hi everyone, I'm new to the site and I have a short story. I just bought a Mk III Jetta and shortly after registering it with DMV, I was driving around the block in Portland, OR when the motor started to stumble and ultimately died. I was able to get it to a safe spot on the shoulder and eventually the friend I bought it from drove in with his tow truck and towed me 70 miles or so to his place in Washington. It starts and idles fine, the trouble starts when the accelerator is depressed too quickly. A passerby said he could smell fuel when I was experiencing the trouble and trying to get it to a safe place to park. I'll be searching the forums and any help will be greatly appreciated. Off the top, we're thinking fuel filter or fuel pump. Thank you in advance, Eric edit: sorry it looks like this belongs under a different thread
Check your other thread I posted a reply

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the site just brought my first VR6 1998 jetta, i have always loved them had two golf gti's, three jetta Gli's and now my first vr6. I love the power it has and looking to upgrade of Course. I gave it it's first car wash and found out the floor is in bad shape so ill have to cut it out and replace it sooner than later. But i'm not getting rid of the car, and it will definitely be a project car. Can't wait to get started.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have read this whole thread, yes I want a cookie, and I didn't see any mention of seats. I just picked up a 1998 MK3 Jetta and I want to replace the seats front and rear. What newer years can I use?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts