Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I posted once about the size for the brakes on the GLI's. I'm sure a few of us have looked at many rotors, pads or just full brake kits. I've done a bit of research to the point that I honestly don't know what to get. Drilled, slotted, drilled and slotted or just plain rotors. I've been looking at the power stop kit K916 (http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3795705&cc=1430853) but don't know what to make of the sizing. The sizing for the MKIV GLI's (and correct me if I'm wrong) is 12.3 in. x .98 in. for the front and 10.1 in. x .87 in for the rear. The kit shows a sizing of 12.27 in. Front & 10.08 in. Rear. I know there is hardly a difference, but what do you all think? I'm just looking for a decent brake kit that won't cost too much. Thanks in advance for any help or opinions.

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Get slotted only, drilled is a long story but it's not necessary anymore with the new brake pads, also look into ECS geomet rotors I'm gonna get them when I get the money also they'll know what size you need

1 - 2 of 2 Posts