Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The VW restore guy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out the rarity of my new restoration project. VW told me it is rare and so have many VW enthusiast. It is in amazing shape. I was told there are only 192 left in the US of this specific model. Can anyone give me any details? It is a 1.7L Gas engine, 5spd transmission, and EVERYTHING is original except belts, breakpads, ect the things you have to maintain ofcourse.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Id be willing to bet there are more than 192, but mkI jettas are starting to be pretty hard to find, especially coupes. I have an 84 gli myself.

·
The VW restore guy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can I find parts for the car? I've been looking for body parts for the car and have yet to really find anything. Any suggestions?

·
GLI Newb
4,206 Posts
Germanautoparts may have some. They seem to have a lot of old model parts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

·
The VW restore guy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am looking for a trunk lid and a new hood. Along with that front skirt price that hangs. I am trying to get the body completely rust free. I did manage to find a fender

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi - 84 Gli owner here. I use craigslist, thesamba.com, vwvortex.com, and www.thepartsplaceinc.com. Also google vw restoration. And, as you're in NY as am I, try dubsnorth.org. Rabbit Farmer has tons of stuff there. Tell 'em MDeath sent ya!

·
The VW restore guy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. There is no way to contact him though on the fourms. I am still looking for them and I would also like to find a hood as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Who, Rabbit Farmer? Just register, go to classifieds and look for one of his ads and respond to it with an email addy. He's a good guy, as are they all on that forum. They'll help you all right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts